Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Prairie Lee - Finally

Post Thanks / Like

Default Prairie Lee - Finally

Got my skunk off my back this afternoon at Prairie Lee! Went after work from 5-8 PM. Caught 14 decent (for Prairie Lee standards) crappie, all between 9-12 inches, not a single 5 incher dink to speak of, which never happens. I caught them all in about 5 fow which is about as close to the bank that they get at PL, casting to the bank and reeling back in slow, BG slab slayer purple/pink with orange jig head. Just like that, the spawn seems to be on at PL. 7 males and 7 females thick with eggs. Only 3 other boats out. Oh yeah the re-coil spring broke on my pull-start-only motor but I caught fish so I wasn't that upset. Not having my motor for a couple weeks while its in the shop will get on my nerves here in about 2 days I'm sure. Get out there KC, it's on.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job. Thanks for the report

Post Thanks / Like

Good Job, Bernie. Hey, isn't PL where you dropped those trees? Have you tried them out at all?

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I was sure it would happen! congrats!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Joe I fished those trees in early April and again last Friday the 18th. They ended up being in water anywhere between 7-20 feet deep, so a good range of water. I soaked minnows around them for over an hour and didn't get a tap, water was 53 degrees. Last night the water was 63 degrees and that seemed to trigger the fish to move up shallow. I was having enough action along the bank I was fishing last night that I never made it over to the doc where I dropped them.

Post Thanks / Like

Does Prairie Lee still have issues with the septic systems of the houses around the lake flowing into it?