Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Longview, Prairie Lee, Jacomo, Blue Springs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Longview, Prairie Lee, Jacomo, Blue Springs

Went to Longview the evening of Friday March 28 to try for crappie and/or walleye, and got my skunk on with no fish, not even a bite along the dam and over main lake brush piles. Went to Prairie Lee on Monday April 7 to try for crappie, caught 2 big green fish about 3 lbs each, and 2 tiny dink crappie fishing out in front of the docks. Went to Jacomo on Friday April 11 fished out from the bank in some coves for crappie and then along the dam around dusk trolling cranks and road runners for anything that would bite and got my skunk on again, not even a bite. Went to Blue Springs early morning April 19 first boat on the water trolled road runners over brush piles threw jigs at the bank from 3-20 fow and then trolled along the dam and wouldn't you know it, el-skunk-oh again, not a bite. I don't know if anyone else is getting tired of nothing biting, but I sure am. I can't even buy a tap these days. I know they have to start biting soon, and I'll keep trying, but this skunk action is getting old - still beats a day workin' though, I know. I will post if/when I start catching them, but I haven't posted because I have yet to catch anything. I'll try to post whenever I go whether I catch them or not.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought it was just me, lost confidence.

Post Thanks / Like

give it a week to 10 days and crappie should be on the banks at all those lakes

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

It will get better! good luck gettin the STANK Off!

Post Thanks / Like

Was at Longview the other day and had a like experience. But I gotta say that it was nice getting out on some soft water after the winter we had!

Post Thanks / Like

Crappie have just hit the banks at the small Reed Area lakes. The larger reservoirs in the vicinity should be about a week later.

Post Thanks / Like

I took my new boat to all those lakes the last week and a half, that was my experience too until I took my daughter out yesterday. Between the two of us we caught about 30 her catching a few more than me which is the way I like it. You can tell the males are getting feisty as they had a lot of battle scars.
    Remember, its the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report

Post Thanks / Like

I have had the nothing hitting also a couple of weeks ago. I might try Longview tomorrow. I need to see if I got my prop straightened out enough to stop the vibration after re=pitching it on a Truman stump last week.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow your experiences match mine---including the re-pitching of prop on Truman a couple weeks ago.
    Likes dfar LIKED above post