Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Caught a few on Hickory 4/20

Post Thanks / Like

Default Caught a few on Hickory 4/20

Wife and I went out for the afternoon on Hickory and found some fish willing to bite. Caught a dozen nice crappie, all 12" or better. Fish were in the deeper water 15'-25' and about 6-8' deep. Caught all pulling jigs. The last six fish were all on the same rod, pulling a tandem rig with 1/16 roadrunner on the bottom. If I'd had any sense I might have changed the other rods over, but we were just relaxing and having fun.

I tried fishing some brush piles, but didn't really have any luck. I was catching crappie around bait schools, but not tight over brush like they were on Friday.

Talked to a couple of bass fishermen who weren't having any luck - maybe they shoulda been using crappie jigs instead of wacky worms! Caught a nice bass that doubled my 12' rod over in the holder. This one was one a 1/32 so wasn't running very deep.

Name:  10264876_10151954032166148_5340359874512826076_n.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  116.2 KB

And caught a 5lb cat on a jig...seems they've been surfacing lately on sunny, warm evenings, because I caught a big one the same way the other day in a different area.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report sounds like a good trip what creeks r good for trolling?

Post Thanks / Like

I usually try all the main creeks around mid lake

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a fun day,A five pound catfish on a crappie rod sure is a handful and when your titelining with six rods it can cause a mess for sure

Post Thanks / Like

You're right about that. This one caused a tangle, but only with one other rod, so wasn't too bad...

Post Thanks / Like

nice report