Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One of My Work Horses

Post Thanks / Like

Default One of My Work Horses

This was from last Sunday morning. We were racing the storm front that just came through and brought winter back. that baby has a 300 horsepower cummins with a 12 speed powershift transmission. I have pulled literally a house with it. Have not hooked to anything yet that it won't pull. I have pulled out bull dozers with it, semi trucks (loaded), cotton module trucks, Huge fertilizer floaters, and many other tractors and trucks. It will pull this 30 foot disk harrow that is in the pic in road gear on up to 20 mph if I wanted too. It will pull the devil out of hell.CF

The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Workhorse indeed!

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

power
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Nice that's a beast

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

One heck of a nice machine. All you have to do is keep oil changed regular on that N14 cummins and she will wear out the rest of the tractor.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Likes crappiefarmer LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

man thats a badboy there

Post Thanks / Like

OH WOW. That must be worth a big penny or two. You must farm a large amount down there. I know some of the boys here in Currituck are in the hundreds. I have an uncle in Ohio the farms just over nine hundred. Has cows also. He is a lover of them big green machines. When I was a little guy my dad And I went to the fair and I walked under one of them tractors. Always did impress me.
    dave
    in currituck

Post Thanks / Like

What is your soil like? That looks completely unlike newly disked ground around here. Here you see rows from the blades so that a disked field looks like it's been combed and the tire tracks would be almost as clear and sharp as the tires are.

Post Thanks / Like

Too bad someone spilled red paint on it tagged it wif graffiti.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    What is your soil like? That looks completely unlike newly disked ground around here. Here you see rows from the blades so that a disked field looks like it's been combed and the tire tracks would be almost as clear and sharp as the tires are.
    This particular farm is more clay than anything. but most of our land is a loamy type soil and hardly any of the land in eastern NC is that black organic deep top soil like you see in the midwest. There are some areas but not many. Most of the land is either a clay loam or sand and some of this sand is like ocean beach sand and is not forgiving at all when it comes to drought. I am fortunate to farm some land that does hold moisture but we only have about 12 inches of top soil at best and those 12 inches are what we have built up with our farm practices.CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast