Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Glaize Arm 4-11-14

Post Thanks / Like

Default Glaize Arm 4-11-14

Took the day off work so dad and I could go up and try for crappie before playing turkey guide this weekend with kiddos. Put in at Pa He Tsi around 8:00. We started off fishing banks and docks, but they weren't producing much. I decided to search for brush piles in the coves nearby. I found several with my Humminbird SI and the first four piles would produce a few keepers each for us. The fifth one was the money spot though and produced at least half of our two limits and we left them biting. You had to sit right on top of the brush and just hold your jig on top of it to get bit. Hanging back and casting to them didn't produce much for us. It was "stove pipe" fishing as dad put it because you had to drop the jig straight down and hold it in their face. All of the brush piles we fished were in 12-15' of water. All but five of the thirty fish were over 10" with the biggest just a hair over 12". Blue/white and white/chartreuse two inch slab slayrs were the bait of choice for us today.

Name:  4-11-14crappielivewell.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  60.3 KBName:  4-11-14crappiedeck.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  124.1 KBI'd say it was pretty much 50/50 on males and females when I cleaned them. If the weather stays decent, it should be crazy good in a couple weeks.
    Likes south point, ktjones LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

By the way, the two kids we took out turkey hunting today each got gobblers so looks like we will be including some wild turkey breast in along with our fish fry tomorrow. We will be eating good! If only the morels were popping, but it's a bit early for that in this area.
    Likes south point LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice mess of fish guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a GREAT weekend for you guys and the young'uns! Good job!

Post Thanks / Like

Way to change your stratergy when the crappie were not biting at the docks and bank. Sounds like a buffet for tomorrow. Love the photos too.

Post Thanks / Like

God job buddy.