Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Silver Lake (Wilson NC)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Silver Lake (Wilson NC)

I fished Silver Lake in Wilson on Thursday and Friday. I was trolling 10 rods for about half a day. It was windy and overcast on Thursday. I ended up with about 35-40 with the largest going about 1 1/2 pounds. The smallest was about 12". The water temp in the lake was 59 degrees and about half of the fish caught had eggs in them. Friday was Sunny and warmer with not much wind. Only ended up with about 5. All were black crappie except about 5 that were white crappie.
    Gotta go, fish on!
    Likes REDBOAT LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Sound's good

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spitzerone View Post
    I fished Silver Lake in Wilson on Thursday and Friday. I was trolling 10 rods for about half a day. It was windy and overcast on Thursday. I ended up with about 35-40 with the largest going about 1 1/2 pounds. The smallest was about 12". The water temp in the lake was 59 degrees and about half of the fish caught had eggs in them. Friday was Sunny and warmer with not much wind. Only ended up with about 5. All were black crappie except about 5 that were white crappie.
    Spitserone I'm glad you caught ABOUT 5 whites to go with those ABOUT 35-40 blackies that were ABOUT 1 1/2 pounds and the smallest was ABOUT 12" I would to be glad to catch any black or white crappie ABOUT 12" long where i live or somewhere there ABOUT. are you sure that was 10 rods or ABOUT 10 rods? I was just to ABOUT lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!