Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite holiday

Post Thanks / Like

Default Favorite holiday

Lets get away from politics, and the other thing, whats your favorite holiday?Since I retired, and at my age every day you wake up is a holiday, the one I still like is thanksgiving, and the 4th of july ranks close to second.Before I retired, I had a job, where most holidays werespent at my job, till I got wenough years in to get them off, then they gave me a buy out.It hurt like heck to leave for work at 10pm on the 24th of december, sleep through the 25th, and go to work at 0600 on thefirst of January, but thats ancient history now. Bad thing about retirement, no holidays, no weekends, and no double time and a half for holidays.

Post Thanks / Like

I too suffer through this as I will have to be at work Christmas Morning @ 0600 and work the night of Dec 31st and Jan 1st - I did take off Thanksgiving and will have that entire week off to hunt for speckle trout at Emerald Isle, NC
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default great fish

Loves fishing those specs, before I blew the engine in our diesel truck, we would winter along the gulf, some of the best spec fishing was a small river that ran into mobile bay, not onlyare they fun to catch, they taste great, less filling too!

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

THANKSGIVING by far no gifts you go to moms eat on gifts mon wont let you do any but eat and no gifts then you eat more did i menchin no gifts??
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanksgiving would be the best if it were hot and I was gorging food at the lake looking at girls in bikinis and drinking beer, like on the 4th of July.

Independece day is usually less food though and no football or hockey. Plus you gotta love no gifts and still getting together with family. Plus I get to go deer hunting the next day and duck hunting the day after that.

These are my 2 favorites but I'd have to say for me, maybe a slight edge to bikinis and beer. That's better than seeing my aunts and uncles any day.

But then again I gets 2 days off for Thanksgiving and only 1 for Independence Day.

Too tough a decision:

DRAW!

After rereading my post I'm editing it. Thanksgiving wins because of the hunting that weekend. It's the duck hunting that pushed it over the top, no doubt
    Last edited by fiddlefarter; 11-13-2006 at 02:23 PM.
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

Post Thanks / Like

For me it's Christmas....To see that sparkle in my grandbabies eyes...To me that's priceless...

Post Thanks / Like

Any holiday that I get off from work would be my favorite.
    Birddog,

I pray that I may live to fish until my dying day. And when it comes to my last cast I then most humbly pray. When in the Lord's great landing net and peacefully asleep. That in His mercy I be judged, BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

Post Thanks / Like

Retired so every day is a holiday and all the days are the same honey do this and honey do that so much for holidays

Post Thanks / Like

Well it used to be the first day of deer season, But i fish now more than i hunt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieLips
    Well it used to be the first day of deer season, But i fish now more than i hunt
    Any one who considers the first day of deer season a Holiday is a man after my own heart. Don't forget the first day of trout season, dove season, bow season, the list goes on. All good holidays. I can't pick one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast