Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Transducer help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Transducer help

Hey guys I have a question. I am running a 587 ci HD di on the bow and in one of my more bonehead moments I pinched the cable to my ducer. I happen to have a different ducer laying around and was wondering if it would work. The stock ducer is the xnt 9 di t, the one I'm thinking about trying is xp 9 20 I think. Its made for a 2d through hull setup. Help please

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You wouldn't have DI. Just splice your cable.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

I'm gonna if I can but I'm just wanting to get by for a trip tomorrow. I'm fine with loosing di as I hardly use it anyway

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

The XP 9 20 is HB Dual Beam 83kHz/200kHz piezo..

The XNT 9 DI T is a 2d/DI with 455kHz/200kHz 2d piezo...

The XP 9 20's 2d piezo may actually vibrate at the 587 DI transmitted frequencies...but I wouldn't expect very good results from it...

Plus the 587 DI would be transmitting the DI channel with no piezo in the XP 9 20 to vibrate it..which could cause damage to the 587 DI transmitter....

I wouldn't risk it...

Rickie
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Post Thanks / Like

The 2D sonar not even work correctly. This is because the DI units normally use the DI sonar beam to determine water depth. So while the unit may show the water depth in the 2D sonar, it will not show the correct number for the water depth because that comes from the DI sonar. Now, if your 587ci HD DI unit has the “Digital Depth Source” menu, you can switch this to the “2D Element” setting and the digital depth will work with the 200kHz 2D sonar. The software in your unit will have to be at 6.250 or higher to have this menu and you will need to be in the “Advanced” “User Mode” menu setting for it to be displayed (the current software version for your 587ci HD DI unit on the Humminbird web site is 6.640).
    Greg Walters at Humminbird
    [email protected]
    I help because I can

Post Thanks / Like

Yea Greg I figured this out this morning. Also it seemed every so often the unit would "bog down" then catch up.