Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Highway High Water Closure to Patoka

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Highway High Water Closure to Patoka

Anybody know how I can get to Patoka from Shoals? I am looking at the ODOT map and it shows 37 from Bedford closed. 150 closed from Shoals or Paoli. 64 south of Paoli. 164 from Jasper. Maybe I can take 56 off 231 south before I get to Jasper? Or,,down 231 to 56,,,then 545 near dam and cut thru on county roads to 145? We got 5.8 on my rain gauge. They are predicting maybe another inch Mon/Tue...and then long range is fo rain next Fri/Sat.Sun. We don't need anymore rain.

Post Thanks / Like

looks like the White river has you cut off, that thing floods if there's a heavy dew. I know my way around IN a little but I'm afraid I can't help unless you want to go to I65 down to I64 then back to 37 but that's an all day drive. Good Luck!!
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

I just came down 231 from Bloomfield on to 545 all open. Everything is open around lake. French Lick may have water up by Fast Eddies yet. You you call them to see. Be up there in the morning to fill up with dsl. Take 231 to 56 to 545 to 164 then hit 145.

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Just check the local co. roads around my house and most are stl cover with 4 ft. or more of water...and rising East Fork of the White later this week will back them up again.

Post Thanks / Like

Feel your pain. Likely your option would be 231 to 56. Depending where I want to launch that is how I go. I have to go all the way to Ireland just to get to the farm. Normally cross at Portersville but that's not likely to open for 2 weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Whaler View Post
    Feel your pain. Likely your option would be 231 to 56. Depending where I want to launch that is how I go. I have to go all the way to Ireland just to get to the farm. Normally cross at Portersville but that's not likely to open for 2 weeks.
    How do you get to Ireland, fly or by boat???
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe fisherman View Post
    How do you get to Ireland, fly or by boat???
    By CHICKEN!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Duckman, got that right! The Chicken Place..best fried chicken and german fries around. Could get to the farm by boat right now.

Post Thanks / Like

Everything is open most of the flooding we get here is flash flooding here for a day or less unless its the Patoka or white river.

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody have an update on the water conditions on Patoka? Still real muddy? I'm heading there this weekend but trying to decide if I want to use a vacation day on Friday or should I save the vacation day and just hit it on Sat/Sun.

Thanks, Ty

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast