Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Terrova SI Issue Bums Me Out!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Terrova SI Issue Bums Me Out!

I just switched out from an old Minn Kota Edge to a Terrova I pilot with us2. I have one 798 with SI and DI. I set up a base at the bow with a SI transducer on the TM and then set a base at console with a separate SI transducer mounted to transom. Now with the Terrova since it is SOOO MUCCHH harder to mount the SI transuducer what do you recommend.

1. Forget about SI and DI at bow and just go with the US2 transducer that comes with Terrova.
    2. Forget about the US2 and tear the motor apart and epoxy the SI transducer wire up the groove in the shaft.
    3. Or is there some way to use US2 for conventional and then run some patch wire back to rear and pick up SI and DI from the rear. (even if this possible it seems pretty dumb since whatever I see will be 20 feet and several seconds past me and will coordinate with the conventional sonar.

No offense but when Humminbird/MinnKota’s whole business plan is to integrate these technologies why do they make it so hard to get SI/Di at the TM. Why just a conventional US2 transducer in the terrova and not a SI capable one. Or some sort of fabrication that allows for easier mounting of an external transducer. I need your help please. Thanks..

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Most folks silicone the si cable in the grove on the shaft.......there are some utube videos that show exactly how to do it
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Its a pretty simple procedure to install the transducer, like G said go to utube

Post Thanks / Like

There is only one screw holding the head unit to the shaft on the TM....it's really fairly simple to mount transducer and bring the wire up

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by "G" View Post
    Most folks silicone the si cable in the grove on the shaft.......there are some utube videos that show exactly how to do it
    x4!

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Scenario 3 in your OP is possible with the AS SIDB Y cable or the HB TS3 switch ...

But like you said...your SI/DI is going to be 20ft behind you when you're at the TM...

Rickie
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Check out the pole mount option from Fishing Specialties... I took some pictures of it and it's under..."Pictures of My lss-2 pole mount from fishing specialties"... It really isn't any trouble to use. There is a guy on here that makes a more secure and deployable transducer bracket. Podunk ideas above actually.....

Post Thanks / Like

Another good thing about the pole is that you don't have to worry about the side images blurring out, whichever style you choose. I really think one of the transducer pole mounts is the best option.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have Rickies transducer mount. I like the fact that it raises and lowers with a rope. I am too old to bend over or reach out on this boat here.

Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"
    Likes SlabPappi, sfw1960 LIKED above post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast