Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Eastern Buckeye Crappie Club

Post Thanks / Like

Default Eastern Buckeye Crappie Club

I am hoping to put on a membership drive at the first of the year. Many of you out there may believe the main function of this club is tournament. Well that is not my intention. It is to gather crappie fisherman and woman together. The tournaments are a membership toll in itself to get the word out.
    I would love to see us just have outings fishing and learning from each other. Maybe even having a Buckeye State Crappie Camp like the one in Arkansas. I am sure I could coax Russ Bailey and some other folks to come put on some seminars on crappie fishing, electronics and other new and old products that some of us may not quite understand.
    I hope that some of you chime in to help me with ideas to help this club grow. I have already decided to change the tournament scheduling next year to spread it out over all the seasons not just spring and fall. I also would really like to become affiliated with Crappie USA and the American Crappie Association to provide our members with other benefits such as life and boat insurances @ lowered rates.
    Just wanted to pull some chains to rattle some cages. I hope some of you are interested in becoming involved in the club to help promote crappie fishing.
    Tim
    Ohio State Board moderator
    www.easternbuckeyecrappieclub.com
    or [email protected]
    NAFC Life Member

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Tim,

Sounds like you have some good things on the burner for next year. If you need anything from me, just ask, as I will be glad to help.

Wish I could have fished your Salt Fork Tournament, but I am still inbetween boats right now!

Good luck with 2007!

Russ

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Russ
    I was looking forward to you being there but sometimes things just don't work out, like the bite we had Saturday.
    Tim
    or [email protected]
    NAFC Life Member

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to see us just have outings fishing and learning from each other. Maybe even having a Buckeye State Crappie Camp like the one in Arkansas.
    I'd be real interested in outings like that. Just some good fishing and fun. Meet new people and learn a few new things. A barbecue or fish fry would be a great bonus. I'll be watching your posts and see what comes together next year.

Post Thanks / Like

That's what I would really like to see come of this. I couldn't of said it better.
    Of course there would still be tournaments for the folks who like competition but having get togthers for meeting and learning from one another and involving the families, especially the kids.
    Tim
    or [email protected]
    NAFC Life Member

Post Thanks / Like

If we get safe Ice this year how about some sort of Outing/Tournament?

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds really great. I thought about that but wasn't sure what the response would be. Let's see what ice conditions are going to be. Mosquito would be a great place for something like that.
    Tim
    or [email protected]
    NAFC Life Member