Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i feel so guilty!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default i feel so guilty!!

My wife has been on my case to get some things done around the house. But, I have been so busy trying to keep up with the fall carappie bite that these task have not measured up to what I felt was important.
    Saturday morning I woke up around 4 and wrestled in my mind what I was going to do. I decided to make it a family day. She and I would tackle those chores together and bond for the whole day. I went back to sleep but, she and I woke up again around 5:30. We laid in bed for a while just visiting cuddeling. She was so proud of me and I felt good for making her feel special. She wanted to get my day off to a good start and began to prepare a breakfast for just the two of us. While trying to pry a couple of frozen bisquets apart, he knife slipped and went through her middle didget. I mean in one side and out the other. I rushed her to the ER and after two hours and three stitches, we rturned home. Like a champ, she resumed preparing breakfast.
    All weekend long I kept telling my self, "She was preparing breakfast for me; If I had only gone fishing like I kew I should, she would not have got hurt".
    I hope I can forgive myself someday.
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

well i hope you learned a lesson!!!.... no jk family always comes first.. sorry to hear about the finger, glad to hear you still got breakfast... she is a champ for going back to cooking!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm amazed!

That your wife was up at 5:30! My wife doesn't see the light of day until at least 7:00!

Seriously though, hope the finger heals fine and I hope you learned your lesson, GO FISHING!:D
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

Post Thanks / Like

Default doing fine

My wife works in a doctors office. They pulled the stiches out yesterday, everything looks good so far.
    I told this story to be funny. But, the two response so far have made me realize I really am a lucky guy. We both were single for a long time and set in our ways. She is meaner than heck. But, I know she loves me.
    Thanks guys.
    DP
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

Default Don't be too hard on yourself.

I see some glaring misconceptions you are having about this.
    Quit feeling sorry. Mine has gotten meaner for 16 yrs and doesn't love me.
    Back to your story. What are you thinking man? It doesn't sound to me like she had any kind of life-threatening wound. She could have done something to stem the blood flow and finished breakfast before you were inconvenienced having to run her to the hosp. I hope she didn't bleed all over the biscuits too.
    You obviously should have gone fishing. I tell mine if I do all the stuff she wants done today I will have nothing to do for her tomorrow.
    Man mine is junkyard dog mean and ya know you cant get those kind to move on pick on some other poor soul, no, shes stuck to me like a tick on a hounds ear. The 1 good thing about the Wicked Witch is that I go fishin ALOT
    and enjoy every moment I am gone.
    Im going to see if I can get on the presidential ballot in 98 and if I do, after my platform of legalizing marijuana and a points system for bump & runs on those dang conehead bicycle riders, am going to push legislation to get
    some boot camps opened specifically for women like mine.

Ok, just kiddin. Hope shes okay and sorry to hear it.
    Shoer,
    12th Degree Ninja

Post Thanks / Like

:D :D Man, dat Jeff, is one crazy dude!! :D
    Kevin Taylor
    20XD Bullet

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by racerkvn
    :D :D Man, dat Jeff, is one crazy dude!! :D
    That's an understatement! :D
    Currently a non-fishing slacker! (not for too much longer)

Post Thanks / Like

Default you must know him??

Quote Originally Posted by freeflow_23
    That's an understatement! :D
    Does he talk that way in front of his wife? I would be afraid to go to sleep in my house if my wife caught me talking like that.
    DP

Post Thanks / Like

Only way i'd feel bad about that is if my wife had cut her finger when I was resting after having struggled all day with a ultralight. Sometimes you get sore and tired and the wifey just has to clean them lil ol crappie. Boy life is good with them ol country girls. I feel sorry for you boys what have'nt trained them up right. Sometimes a woman just feels good being able to brag about all the fish her old man catches. Course if you go fishing all day and bring home stories... might be the problem gentlemen.

Post Thanks / Like

Yup family comes first. I hope that your wife will be ok tho, I'm glad she got the stitches out. Similar things have happened to me. We should have gone fishing, lol. Hindsight doesn't do a lot of good tho.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast