Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new tattoo

Post Thanks / Like

Default My new tattoo

First let me say, I never had a tattoo before and never even considered getting one however, the unexpected loss of my wife has changed a lot of things about me. I can remember shortly after getting the idea and contacting the tattoo studio laying on my couch in a pitiful state when I received a call from the them to schedule my first appointment. I jumped off the couch as this was the one and only thing that kept me moving forward at this point in my life. I actually had something to look forward to. I chose to have an exact replica of a cross that my wife's sister had given her and that my wife wore often as the center piece of my tattoo. I then decided to use her favorite scarf as a color template for the tattoo artist. This cross is actually around the size of a dime. Purple was my wife's favorite color and this color will always remind me of Debbie.

I went in around three weeks ago and had the outline done.

Two days ago I had color and background added.

I'll be honest, while the outline didn't hurt too bad the color work was a bit of a pain at times. I have one more appointment on the 31st to add the final touches. When I left the tattoo studio Tuesday night I actually felt good for the first time since Christmas Eve. This tattoo means the world to me and fortunately, God directed me in choosing a tattoo artist as my artist is a former pastor. Who better to tattoo a cross? It has been great also being able to discuss the Bible with him over the 4.5 hours of work he had done on me. He understands the importance of this tattoo to me and is doing his best to make it perfect and that's why I am having a third appointment.

To me, this cross represents walking with Christ the remaining days of my life on this earth so as to be reunited with my wife in Heaven. I only wish that I was 80 instead of 50 so that my wait would be that much shorter.

2010 NWR Bash Crappie Division Champion
    Likes JET4, KDAVID1 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Never been a tattoo type person but that is a work of art George. Show it to me the next time I see ya on the water. Keep the faith

Billbob is online now Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

real nice hope to see it sumday
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Really nice and what a great way to remember your wife. That guy is a real artist.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

looks good

Post Thanks / Like

Not a tattoo man myself, but that is so nice George.
    dave
    in currituck

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice tribute George.
    NEED MORE COWBELL!!
    JD

Post Thanks / Like

Real nice. Impressive.

Post Thanks / Like

I had my tattoo finished yesterday, here she is.

This tattoo means the world to me. It represent to me, walking with Christ the remaining days of my life so as to be reunited with my wife in Heaven with the purple representing my wife as it was her favorite color and the background represents her favorite scarf.

2010 NWR Bash Crappie Division Champion
    Likes Chasing Ghosts LIKED above post

Ranger690 is offline Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow. That looks good. And I'm not even a tat guy. The artist did a nice job. I respect what it means to you. A lot of Love there.

Dayton

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast