Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Smith Lake?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smith Lake?

Anyone been fishing Smith Lake if so have you been doing any good.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't tried lately but this time of year is usually really tough. I never catch more than a few and I have to fish the lights to get those. I do really well when the water temp gets to 65 or so but that will probably be late March or April with the way the weather has been. If you go, post some results. Good luck with it.

Post Thanks / Like

We fished on crooked creek for a little while Saturday water temp was 55. My son caught one crappie just before my trolling motor cable broke and we had to give it up. One guy I work with fished rock creek 4 hours Saturday and only had 3. Him and his partner usually do well. Another one I work with launched from the park and after searching for a long time finally pulled 18 out of one hole somewhere between the "T" and the castle. In each case the water was bad muddy. I know it's not much but times are hard down there right now. But good days are just around the corner. Besides...I coulda been at work.

Post Thanks / Like

do people long line up there? Just wandering if it works in water that clear

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sjprkr1 View Post
    I haven't tried lately but this time of year is usually really tough. I never catch more than a few and I have to fish the lights to get those. I do really well when the water temp gets to 65 or so but that will probably be late March or April with the way the weather has been. If you go, post some results. Good luck with it.
    Caught about 25 in rock Creek Saturday. Fished sunken tree tops 7 foot deep with minnows. Water temp was 48. Got skunked Sunday.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aug View Post
    Caught about 25 in rock Creek Saturday. Fished sunken tree tops 7 foot deep with minnows. Water temp was 48. Got skunked Sunday.
    The Saturday part is really encouraging. I fish Rock Creek almost exclusively when I go to Smith and never do any good with the water that cold. Did you go as far as White Oak or up in Crooked? Just wondering what the water looked like up there. It always seemed to be really stained when I go this time of year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sjprkr1 View Post
    The Saturday part is really encouraging. I fish Rock Creek almost exclusively when I go to Smith and never do any good with the water that cold. Did you go as far as White Oak or up in Crooked? Just wondering what the water looked like up there. It always seemed to be really stained when I go this time of year.
    We put in at swayback.