Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Is humminbird 899 a good unit?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Is humminbird 899 a good unit?

Somebody tell me if I'm nuts please. About to pull the trigger on some new electronics in the morning. Was gonna get Lowrance 7 HDI and I think I've talked myself into the HB 899ci HD SI combo at bp. It's a grand. I figure it's its i-pilot compatible if I ever get that and also works with the 360 imaging when I get more money. Also should I spring for the map card? Somebody help. Oh yeah, how you guys been. I finally bought another boat in late fall. Got myself a 92 charger 195 with a 150 merc. Loving that boat!
    Proof is in the pictures. Top is nine and bottom is Slabbenstein!

Post Thanks / Like

The new HB units have a bigger and quicker processor so you can run the 360. The 898,98,1098 were slower so HB upgraded them. Maps for HB I like Lakemaster better they have more user options over navionics maps an I own both.

Post Thanks / Like

you wont be dissappoited.get the lakemaster chip for sure

Post Thanks / Like

That 92 charger with a 150 should be a nice ride, Ron my (I don't claim) brother n law has a 95 with the 150 on it and it is a great ride, never had any real problems with the boat, and just a minor problem with the fuel bulb and hose........ new hose and bulb after 17 years isn't bad......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE
    Likes Doctor Slabbenstein LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

cant go wrong with hb period
    kost plus crappie team

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I just made the switch to Humminbird's for this year. I ended up with a 1159 and a 1199. You will need a chip of some sort. I will run both the Lake Master and Navionics chips for a while in mine. Seems most guys run both. I will actually be recording for Navionics this coming year. Then people can download updates from their site after they compile the recordings to add contours to areas that have not previously been mapped because of ice when they were here last. I had always ran Lowrance and I don't think you will be disappointed with either of your choices. A guy at work has two of the HDI 7's and loves them. The Bird's will have the side imaging and also be able to add the 360 later if you want.
    Likes Doctor Slabbenstein LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everybody. I believe I'm gonna pull the trigger on the bird. I want the side imager and that's gonna be way cheaper than lowrance. I can't wait to get after some fish. Hopefully I don't smash the boat watching tv.
    Proof is in the pictures. Top is nine and bottom is Slabbenstein!
    Likes Jigging15 LIKED above post