Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need SI transducer mount help

Post Thanks / Like

Default I need SI transducer mount help

I recently purchased an 898c si unit. Where would be the optimal location to put the transducer? I have a stratos 282 with a jack plate. i have seen internet pics where transducers are mounted to the jack plate and others that are mounted directly on the fiberglass. I am including pics to show the back of my boat. If better pics are needed, let me know.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392311786.881764.jpg
Views: 1440
Size:  69.6 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392311811.705369.jpg
Views: 2531
Size:  58.9 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392311849.861065.jpg
Views: 1321
Size:  40.8 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Whereever you decide, use an 18" by 4" plastic board to mount it so you can move it around a bit without drilling more holes in the boat. Sometimes it can be a bit tricky to get it just right, depending on the hull shape.

Post Thanks / Like

I only see 2 places on each side to put it ,one is where your transducer is now and other side in same place or where boat runner is and then you will have to cut part of runner off to keep from hitting it,as for jackplate ,on a lowrance you can put it on jack plate but 898 you would lose high speed reading,because si ,di and 2d are in same ducer
    God Demonstrated his love for us. Romans 5:8

Post Thanks / Like

I would hand it off the jackplate and install an XP-9-20 inside-the-hull transducer and AS-Si-DB-Y splitter cable for those high-speed depth readings.
    Greg Walters at Humminbird
    [email protected]
    I help because I can

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Humminbird_Greg View Post
    I would hand it off the jackplate and install an XP-9-20 inside-the-hull transducer and AS-Si-DB-Y splitter cable for those high-speed depth readings.
    Ok-could I use that existing transducer for high speed readings? I believe it reads fairly well at high speeds. I don't know the model of that transducer, I know it's hooked to a humminbird 535.

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joey View Post
    Ok-could I use that existing transducer for high speed readings? I believe it reads fairly well at high speeds. I don't know the model of that transducer, I know it's hooked to a humminbird 535.
    The 535 is listed to use the XTM 9 20 (T)...which is a Dual Beam 83kHz/200kHz xducer...

You should be able to plug that directly into the "Dual Beam" leg of the AS SIDB Y cable ..
    Then plug the 898's stock XHS 9 HDSI 180 T xducer into the "Side Image" leg of the AS SIDB Y cable...

http://store.humminbird.com/products/322954/AS_SIDB_Y

The 898 will see this setup as one xducer (because the AS SIDB Y cable is simply a cable re-router)...

Rickie
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rnvinc View Post
    The 535 is listed to use the XTM 9 20 (T)...which is a Dual Beam 83kHz/200kHz xducer...

You should be able to plug that directly into the "Dual Beam" leg of the AS SIDB Y cable ..
    Then plug the 898's stock XHS 9 HDSI 180 T xducer into the "Side Image" leg of the AS SIDB Y cable...

http://store.humminbird.com/products/322954/AS_SIDB_Y

The 898 will see this setup as one xducer (because the AS SIDB Y cable is simply a cable re-router)...

Rickie
    Thanks a bunch !

Post Thanks / Like

I would go on the left or right side of Jack Plate.One 1/4in. hole and a couple spacers, it will be below the plate and behind the stock ducer. For,get the stock bracket and mount on the bolt, put spacer between plate an ducer and snug the lock nut.

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Post Thanks / Like

Default I need SI transducer mount help

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    I would go on the left or right side of Jack Plate.One 1/4in. hole and a couple spacers, it will be below the plate and behind the stock ducer. For,get the stock bracket and mount on the bolt, put spacer between plate an ducer and snug the lock nut.
    I like this idea also--so should the spacers be rubber or hard plastic?

Also, if I mount it on a bolt, would it have a tendency to swivel up at higher speeds?

Post Thanks / Like

Before i bought a new ducer,i would temporaly take other ducer off and put 898 ducer where it was and see how it did before buying new ducer and if that work put old ducer on other side,hate to spend more money if i can get by other ways
    God Demonstrated his love for us. Romans 5:8

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast