Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New Perry Fisheries Newsletter/Facebook Page

Craig Johnson is offline Moderator "Ask The Biologist" Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New Perry Fisheries Newsletter/Facebook Page

Hey All,

Anyone got cabin fever yet?

Tj's new fisheries newsletter "The Perry News" was distributed this morning. If you are not on the mailing list you can download the PDF at http://list.ksoutdoors.com/dl.php?id=74 .

In this edition of "The Perry News", Tj has unveiled the new Facebook page "Kansas Wildlife, Parks,& Tourism - Northeast Kansas Fisheries". You can find the page at https://www.facebook.com/NEKansasFisheries .

What do anglers here at CDC think of the idea of Facebook pages for Fish Districts in Kansas? Is this something that would be useful to any of you?

What type of information would you like to see on a KDWPT District Fisheries FB page?

Like I said, Tj currently has the only of these for the Fisheries Division in KDWPT. If there is interest in this type of thing, more pages may come online.

Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks,

Craig

Post Thanks / Like

I think it would be a great tool to get information out. The more info available the better in my opinion. Using this type of social media might help introduce some of the next generation to the outdoors also.
    www.caringbridge.org/visit/brody.a.hurt

Post Thanks / Like

I like the idea of a Facebook page Craig.
    "My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am" -- unknown

Post Thanks / Like

Good letter. I signed up for news letters from the kwpd web site that has a link under each lake. Is this not the same news letter? I did not receive this letter.

Craig Johnson is offline Moderator "Ask The Biologist" Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

sah and Ozark88,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

We are just trying to get a feel for what anglers are wanting. The newsletters are packed full of information but usually come out 2 to 4 times a year. Facebook pages can be updated much more frequently and with spur of the moment happenings. Newsletters tend to be more seasonal while Facebook pages could be updated as much as weekly. It just all depends on how people want to receive their 'fishy' info from the Department.
    Likes sah LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flint View Post
    Good letter. I signed up for news letters from the kwpd web site that has a link under each lake. Is this not the same news letter? I did not receive this letter.
    Flint,

Yes, it is the same newsletter. Not sure why you didn't receive it though. You might try 're-subscribing' or check your junk mail folder/spam settings.

The Fall River, Perry, and Tuttle Creek district fishing newsletters have all been distributed within the last two weeks.