Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Logan Martin 2/8/2014

Post Thanks / Like

Default Logan Martin 2/8/2014

Finally got on the water at 11:30 and the lake was covered up with guys beating the banks chasing those green fish. Water temp was 41.2 and stained. Warmest water I saw was 43.5 in the Civic Center slough. Long lined until 4:30 with only three measuring crappie to show for it. Talked to another fellow who was long lining and all he had caught was three. All three came from 13-15 F.O.W. Shad were so thick in some areas that they were making the rod tips bounce from jig contact. Beautiful day to be on the water. Jig was orange head with black body and charteuse twist tail. Next chance to go will not be until the 18-19th. Not an expert but feel that all of this cold has driven them back to the main lake channel.
    Likes Bridgeholder1 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Good report and I agree that's why I'm waiting for a little warm spell.

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty much the same result today on the big G with my buddy and me while long lining. Managed one crappie and 3 white stripe. Found the minnows so thick about 10 to 15 ft down in 20ft plus water hanging out over a creek channel near a bridge ,that like you ,would make our rods shake when we would go thru them. Water temp was 45°