Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: give me some ideas please

Post Thanks / Like

Default give me some ideas please

got my numbers and reg in for the boat other day, and I'm wanting
    to get them put on - only thing is, I'm wanting to do something a
    little spiffier than the plain stick-on block letters I had on my old SeaArk...

can you order some more stylish letters/numbers, or has anyone ever
    had any painted on, like by someone who letters race cars???

I will have to admit though, I'm gonna be sad to see the Wisconsin numbers
    go - I enjoy all the funny looks they get from the locals :D
    thanks, Jeff
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

you can go to you local kinkos and pick the style and color and size you want and they will cut the letters and numbers. just like you see in many store front

Post Thanks / Like

It is illegal in NC to put numbers on your boat that are any colors other than White or Black... Depending on the color of the boat will determine the color to be used... If I am not mistaken the letters also have to be reflective. The size of the numbers is supposed to be no less than three inches and there are specifications for the distance apart also.

That being said, I am doing this from memory so the above may not be completely correct... this should give you an idea of what you might expect...

Two friends of mine bought brand new bass boats and ever since high school it has been a rivalry between them to catch the biggest, kill the biggest, buy the baddest... So they both decide to do something a little different with the numbers... One had a blue boat the other a red boat and they matched the numbers to their purtty boats... they also had the letters made a little bit italisized as well as had a wavy flame appearance. Though they looked good, they got so many ticket they both took them off.

Now I know this was a drastic change, but no the less they are the only ones I know that changed theirs and if it wasn't for them I may have done the same thing not knowing, of course. Happy Fish'n
    This only my opinion, but nothing you can say will change my mind. That makes it a FACT.

Today is a Blessed Day and a Prosperous Day

Post Thanks / Like

You can have something hand painted on or there are places (at least down here) that will make you number any color and style. you want.

I also found this on the Internet and you can order what you want.
    http://www.decalcity.com/decal_maker...FQYVHgod3gQ3Xw

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Jeff, check with a local sign shop most can make numbers to your choice of colors. The local shop here does them and already come pre spaced to go right on the boat. Mine where 2 colored and where 36 bucks for the pair. Missouri has no law on color but is has to be able to read at a distance and 3" tall. Nothing kills a nice new boat, then the silver square boat numbers.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

There's a company that makes adhesive vinyl numbers that are "raised" they are available in a variety of colors, lettering styles and metallic or non metallic look. No need to figure spacing between numbers as they are custom made and come in one long strip for each side. I have the url at home will send.

Post Thanks / Like

Default don't do this....

When I bought my boat a few years back, I was so proud that I put fancy numbers on it. They sure looked pretty when new. But, now they are coming apart (two part stickers) and I am left with a gooey mess to try to replace.

I am thinking about going to one of those "fast sign" places to have something made along with my .com handel so folks will know me when they see me.
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

Here a guy that make them on another site I visit.

http://bassboatcentral.com/celettering1.htm
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a local sign shop (Affordable Signs and Banners, in Huntsville,AL) make mine. They make them for boats in a material that is made for water environments. But if you ever have some peel up, and it leaves you with a sticky mess, you can go to Wal-Mart and buy some stuff called Sticker-Off in the automotive section, it works wonders for removing the sticky residue. Also some other stuff is Goo-Gone, it works good too.
    Kevin Taylor
    20XD Bullet

Post Thanks / Like

I had a local sign shop make my numbers to match the other lettering I put on my boat. We don't have a restriction on colors here but they are supposed to be within a certain size range and they are supposed to be block lettering - nothing fancy.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast