Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Logan Martin Conditions

Post Thanks / Like

Default Logan Martin Conditions

Cabin fever and future business travel is forcing me to get on the water tomorrow. Anyone know what Logan Martin is looking like? Haven't seen a post from some of the Logan regulars lately.

Best regards,

Post Thanks / Like

Been almost two weeks for me. Water temp was 37 and I spent 5 hours trying different places and not a single bite, at that time the backs of creeks were froze over.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by usafret99 View Post
    Been almost two weeks for me. Water temp was 37 and I spent 5 hours trying different places and not a single bite, at that time the backs of creeks were froze over.
    Thank you sir. I will have to introduce myself next time I see you on the water. Have you been satisfied with the Vicious Hi-Viz line?

RogerA is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Paul, I'm in the same situation. I am planning on going tomorrow too but cant decide where to go.
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, and Trust in our Creator who Loves us

Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear from you Roger. I'll probably put in at T & C and just enjoy some time on the water.

Post Thanks / Like

To be honest don't really know on the line. I usually do pretty good this time of year even with the cheapest line I can find. Wonder sometimes why I waste money on something's, but what the ()$&@ it's my main pastime so why not. For example I'm thinking about buying all new trolling rods and reels next year but I'm sure I could survive 5 more years with what I got.

Anyway let me know the water temp and how you do. If I was going I would try the cove just before the one you saw me in last time, if you find nothing in the 12 to 15 foot range make sure you go check the shallow water in upper left corner of that cove before you leave. If using 1/16 you'll have to speed up a little and bring in some line and go into until you hit -about 5 feet then turn around because it gets shallow fast. Been a few times after cold spells I've found them stacked up in there.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the advice. I will post success/failure and conditions tomorrow night.