Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Need portable fish finder

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need portable fish finder

looking to purchase a portable fish finder for my 14' aluminum paddle boat for the ponds I fish. Any suggestions on a particular one with easy setup. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Several units could fit your needs. What are you looking to get out of it or a price range your looking at?

You said ponds so GPS would not be needed but 2D with DI is also a option unless you just want a 2D unit. Without know a price range, take a look at the Humminbird portable PiranhaMax 160-175-230 models. Comes with a suction cup transducer and self contained.

Another option would be the HB Fishing Buddy, just clamp it on and off the side on the boat. Higher end, most of the reputable makers have several that are self contained and are used on ice but you can get a TM ducer to run on the boat. Lowrance has one of the brightest screens I've seen in the 4x and a great unit. Hope this gets you started and good luck on the water

Post Thanks / Like

If your looking cheap and works ok wal mart sells one you just clamp on side of boat uses aa batteries I think. Use to have one I used on a canoe in ponds. Everything including clamp included.

Luvfatslabs is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The hummingbird 110 fishing buddy is a portable clap on for about $100.00
    Good luck and good fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Look at Humminbird SMARTCAST. Have had these for 8+ years because I only bankfish. Works all the time cept when its VERY WINDY. Finds fish, the depth they are holding, and the depth of the water underneath! What else do you need.

Look on E-Bay. Ofter the 110 model is around $50.00.

Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys i'll check this out. I need something that can be easily connected and disconnected for entering the water and leaving. thanks again. any more suggestions welcome. I'll review them all

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen what i thought was a great idea here lately, and would make virtually any model you decided on ultra portable. what he had was an old clamp on trolling motor bracket with a pipe in it like the shaft would normally be. he then had a flat piece welded on the top which was the mounting area for the unit, and the transducer mounted on the bottom. he could move it boat to boat, and then raise and lower it as needed. pretty sweet set up, even though my explanation is probably clear as mud

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Luvfatslabs View Post
    The hummingbird 110 fishing buddy is a portable clap on for about $100.00
    That's what I got. I took out on the ice couple weeks ago. Water temp and depth worked but it never showed any fish. I think the battery life is decent, specially if you turn it off. Which I only did once. During the summer it goes up and down the trail from camp to 'toon with the tackle bag and minner bucket every weekend.

I ain't broke yet. I'm happy happy.

I only fish The Coon cause that's where I keep my toon.