Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Clear

Post Thanks / Like

Default Clear

I was thinking of putting clear with glitter as a top coat for my jigs. How does the liquid clear with glitter compare to clear powder with glitter?

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

What kind of clear are you wanting to mix the glitter with. The powder works very well if you use very fine glitter and you can keep it mixed but I have not had good luck with any liquid clear coat and glitter.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

I was just wondering if the clear that goes over vinyl would make a prettier finish than the powder clear?

Post Thanks / Like

x2 with Stump on liquid and glitter. It took me a while to get the glitter with powder mix okay and I had ALOT of help doing it but it comes out really nice, but you have to use fine or extra fine on the small jig heads. Larger heads you can use larger glitter.

I had to give up on vinyl paint for jigs it just gave me too much of a headache and while I like epoxy you do waste it when you mix up to much.

Post Thanks / Like

I use ultra fine glitter and 200% clear and it works great. Word of caution, decide how much glitter you want to mix with your clear, then use1/2 as much. It doesn't take much!