Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lk.Washington crappies

eric Guest

Default Lk.Washington crappies

Has anyone been out yet in lk.wa? How about any other areas in snohomish or king county areas?

eric Guest

slab king,where are you?all the Wa.st.people are gone,we need to get this site going while the fishing is good.

eric Guest

Went to lk.stevens yesterday,there was a guy who caught a couple nice crappie off trolling a rooster tail by lilly pads!that was a new one to me.he was only out for about 1 hor.

eric Guest

meant to spell hour...

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Eric - I'm glad to see we have a board once again! I've been spending most of my time chasing walleye and channel cats over in the Seeps Lakes area so I have not had a chance to hit the crappies yet. I've heard reports of a huge crappie spawn going on at Lake Ohop this year so I'll be heading up that way next weekend to check out Ohop and Kapowsin which has some nice crappies as well. The crappie in Lake Union and Washington should be at or near peak spawn right now so that's were I'll be this sat & sun. :D

eric Guest

Hey slabking,Im glad to see you made it back.so how was the fishing?I landed my 1st crappies at Lk.cassidy,the same lk.I said not to fish.I landed 5 one day and 3 the next,lost 2 up next to the boat,fell right off the hook!guess that will teach me not to use a net.I took your advise on using a 1/80 uonce white jig tipped w/crappie nibbles.Im up here in everett and have been wanting to try kapowsin but am reluctant to until I know the fishin is good because of the drive.I really want to try Lk.Wa,but Im really limited because of my little 6ft pram... Well Im excited to hear how you do this weekend,I will be hitting cassidy again and will let you know asap.
    Also Im determined to catch some bluegills because I never have before,do you have any advise on how to catch them? good luck this wknd... eric

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you had a good day on old Cassidy congrats on breaking the ice for the year lol :D . I have not been there since I sold my boat about two years ago but that is a great lake for bass and catfish. The stumps and sunken brush in the south end of the lake is were it's at.

I went to Lake Union over the weekend and fished up and down the east side from all the small docks near the house boats and marinas. I found a large broken down dock on sat. that was just loaded with spawning males. I managed to get 19 crappies off that one dock before the weather got bad and they shut down on me. They were all small males 7 to 9 1/2" with only one fish going 10" but I had a lot of fun catching them! You had to throw right next to the dock to get them to strike. I was using a white 1/32 jig three feet under a small bobber in about 9 feet of water. I went back sun. morning and the best I could do was one 9" male and a few perch since the weather had got so bad. To catch those fish I had to go all the way down to a 1/64th oz jig 3 1/2 feet under a bobber and throw right into thick tangles of brush. I snapped a few pics with my digital camara and will place them into a new thread when I get home tonight.
    Last edited by SlabKing; 06-07-2004 at 10:31 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

You should be fine in your 6footer in some of the best spots on Lake Wa and Union. On Wa try behind the UW football stadium. You can drive around to the back of it and fish the lagoon area that has a small inlet canal that leads to thick lily fields and brush piles. There are catfish, perch, crappie, and largemouth bass that spawn in here. You can also try near the Mercer Slough and the large cove that's just outside of it. This area has smallmouth bass, perch and crappies if you fish the cattails and the mouth of the slough.

On Lake Union I would try and launch near the house boats on the east side and work the back (bank) sides of these houses in water that's about 3-12' deep. The people who own these homes don't mind you fishing around them at all and sometimes they can point you to areas were there are fish spawning. There are some largemouth bass behind these house boats that you would believe the size of until you seen them for yourself. If you can figure out how to get them to come off the beds and bite let me know! :D I threw everthing but my carjack at them on saturday and they would just inhale the lure and spit it out before I could set the dang hook.

I'll start a new thread about the bluegills.

Cajun Chris Guest

What's up Gentlemen, hopefully you guys are having better luck than I am this year. With all the wierd weather other crap its been a tough year. I just returned from Louisiana, and i must say the fishing story there is a lot better than here in Washington.

eric Guest

Hey chris,glad to see another person made it over from the old site.you can say that again about the weather,all good 2wks ago and straight to crap from there on,but as you can see the crappie are waking up!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast