Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: ProAngler Tackle: Worth Considering ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default ProAngler Tackle: Worth Considering ?

Hello,

Thanks for all the previous help.
    Nice of you folks to help me out; much appreciated.

My guess is that probably all the rods on the market come out of the same factory, or two, in China.

Anyway,

Might anyone comment on the ProAngler Tackle Crappie rods ? Perhaps their 8 foot one ?
    Frankly have never heard of these folks.

Good value, quality, pros and cons, etc. ?
    Compared to the Bass Pro MicroLite, e.g.?

Thanks,
    B.

Post Thanks / Like

B, I can personally vouch for the strength & sensitivity of the Pro Angler rods. I currently own 3 of the 8'ers, a 4 1/2' for shooting docks & a 10' with a bait caster on it. The 8' rods are the lightest, most sensitive I've ever fished. Of course I'm a po'boy & can't afford those G'Loomis, Dobyns & St Croix rods. Having fished with Pro Angler rods for about 6 years now, I don't think I'd spend the $150 on one of those rods if I had it, I'd just get me 3 Pro Angler's.

Post Thanks / Like

I have 6 crappie rods, 2 8', 4 10' and the rest catfish rods. as stated before you cannot beat them for the price. I have been using another also It is the steel eagle rod that I got at a fish show a couple weeks ago. And I have been impressed with it as well. Wohalioutdoors.com (sales rep Brad Jacobs) is the site they do not have all the rods on their but email customer service and they will get info for you. I guess they are better known for their bass rods but I am using the 10' and 11' crappie rod with rear seat and have been very impressed with the backbone and feel of the rod. They also make a Tenesee handle version 6'9" that is great also that you can see on site. lite and very durable.