Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: stockton last weekend

Post Thanks / Like

Default stockton last weekend

Didn't get to start on Saturday till almost 1:00 due to road conditions in Kansas. Fished till dark and we ended up with 12 nice keepers, nothing on brush had to find the shad and stay with them the best we could. Sunday the wind limited us to fishing inside the marina, slow fishing but managed 9 nice fish, even the marina was almost white capping. Had to run the trolling motor from 50 to 70% all day,tough day for sure, but wanted to fish and had a good time with Allen. The wind blew so hard I thought I was back in Kansas!

Post Thanks / Like

Was wondering if you and Allen got to fish or not with the wind the way it was.Congrats on a good weekend!

Post Thanks / Like

two tough days, two tougher fishermen, congrats. It was to windy to run dogs, so I loafed all weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

I dont know about tough is the word, maybe to dumb to know better would be a more fitting description. Visited with a nice guy and his father on Sunday when we could hear what they were saying. The guys name was Kevin Keith and his dad, wanted me to tell pole bender hey, so if you see this Tom, hey. We didn't keep a fish from the 2 days, saturday we gave them to an older gentlemen to give him a mess, and gave Sundays to kevin and his dad to add to theirs. Tough to get bit but when you did it was a solid hit.
    Likes moskeeter56 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report. Glad you got out to get a few. Too windy for me, couldn't have kept my bloomers on.

Post Thanks / Like

We fished Pomme sunday and felt like we were about to get blown away.Could not imagine being on Stockton.That lake can get scarey real fast.

Post Thanks / Like

Man you guys are sure tougher than me. I was thinking that I would wear my life jacket in the truck on the way just to get use to it being on. And then decided to cut wood instead. Congrats on maken somebody elses day better.

Post Thanks / Like

I was there too on Saturday. Fished 7 deep brushpiles no good. Had one bite caught one K. Ended up in State Pk cove caught several more in shad if you could find them and stay on them. Need a break from the wind for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Wish we would have crossed paths Rick, it has been awhile since we have crossed paths. Supposed to be another warm weekend, hopefully the fishing will be better for you all. I think I will stay in kansas this weekend and wet a line since our lakes are now free of ice.