Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: couple of photos

Post Thanks / Like

Default couple of photos

My neighbor puts of some bread in his back yard and has these foxes come and eat it. They are more worried about the cows than us, we are on his back porch about 30-35 feet away. Wish I had a better camera, mine only has a combined 7.5 zoom and it was getting pretty dark. Don't know how to delete the post with just the 1 pix.

Last edited by SteveJ; 10-25-2006 at 09:05 PM.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Your crosshairs aren't showing up in the image...
    This only my opinion, but nothing you can say will change my mind. That makes it a FACT.

Today is a Blessed Day and a Prosperous Day

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SteveJ
    My neighbor puts of some bread in his back yard and has these foxes come and eat it. They are more worried about the cows than us, we are on his back porch about 30-35 feet away. Wish I had a better camera, mine only has a combined 7.5 zoom and it was getting pretty dark. Don't know how to delete the post with just the 1 pix.

Ain't ya'll got a recipe down there for them critters for gumbo? Got a good friend from down your way that can cook anything. Wants us to try some groundhog! Think I'll pass. :D CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

I had to get rid of a fox the other day - the thing was laying in my front yard and would not run away - it did go under my truck when I came out of the house and I threw a rock towards it to try to get it out and the fox went after the rock and tried to eat it - obviously it was a very sick fox - I had already made plans for the fox but being the concerned citizen I am i did call animal control and told them of my situation and there directions was to shoot the fox - I then asked if they would come and dispose of the carcass as I did not want to handle it as naturally I though it had rabies - animal control advised to just shoot it and bury it that hte state would not test it if there was no reported cases of rabies in the area - well I did get rid of the fox though I had to get it away from my truck first - my thoughts is though what if it were some elderly folks or someone with no experience with wildlife or hunting how would they get some help - do not know just did not seem right to me
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

How are they ever going to have a first case if they don't go out and look for the first case? It's just like west Nile virus in my county. They won't go out and spray for mosquitos until someone has gotten the virus! CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

my thoughts exactly
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

nothing like good old reactionary techniques. anyway, i'll bet you a doughnut that animal did not have rabies. for one thing, animals with rabies rarely "hide" under anything. probably had been getting fed "human food" or eating from too many trash cans for the past few months. bears and raccoons can get away with it, but it doesn't take long to make a fox sick. they also become heavily dependant on that food very quickly. the best thing you can do for a wild animal is keep it afraid of you. scare it off. it is neat to feed them, but will ultimately lead to their demise. also, sometimes a city doesn't have the money to pay for things like skeeter spraying, but if a case is reported, the federal or state gov't will foot the bill or sometimes the city alderman or council just won't approve it until someone gets sick.
    "We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect"
    -Aldo Leopold