Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: bridges evening/night

Post Thanks / Like

Default bridges evening/night

Always fish bridges early in the morning until a few hours after daylight. My question is has anyone had any luck under the bridges in Guntersville in the evening into a few hours into the night? I plan to fish minnows and throw jigs while I wait. Also a good depth to start fishing at would be a huge help as my new to me boat doesnt have a fish finder yet. Thanks in advance!!

Post Thanks / Like

Night bite is good around the bridges , I fish the points from the bank depending on the current.I just let the current move my bait around the points anywhere from 2ft to 6 ft deep .I would think if your in a boat jut tie up near the bridge pillars and fish tight line or with a cork.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!!

Post Thanks / Like

Minnow bite is definitely better at night vs the jig bite.

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes I have fished minnows at night and not caught a single fish and limited out with a jig, and then it has been the oppisite where they wont touch a jig and will bite a minnow, so be sure to try both. I actually think most occasions at night minnows are the better choice and I also think on most occasions the points are better than the columns and then as it gets daylight the columns become better.

Post Thanks / Like

Have only got a chance to go once since I asked this and it ended up being a morning trip. Fished from 4:30am til about 10am. 4 of us had 12 keepers total. Just tied up under bridge and made a short move to the pilons on the other side after about 45 mins with no bites. Caught a few then seemed like current shut off. Got real slow after that so we trolled around a bit and picked up a few think 2 keepers that way. I gotta get me a fish finder!

Post Thanks / Like

That was yesterday (Sunday morning)