Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Guntersville 1-1-14

Post Thanks / Like

Default Guntersville 1-1-14

Well went and tried the highway 69 causeway today hadent fished it much but decided to go try it out this morning. Fished from 6-11 and boy was it slow. I think it was because TVA couldn't decide what they wanted to do with the water when they were pulling water I was catching fish but when they stopped so did the fish and shad were very thick in there snagged a lot with my jighead. Ended up catching 11 nice fish vertical jigging 1/32 jig with BG monkey milk. Where I was it was about 15-18ft deep but I was catching fish at about 8ft. Had 10 blacks and 1 white which was strange but man are they pretty. Happy New Years everybody!!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Thanks / Like

I fished that area yesterday with only drum and catfish to show. I was mainly trying out new electronics (Lowrance Elite 5 DSI). I know that it is discontinued but is in my price range. The shad were so thick as you said I would snag several. Lots of boats under the bridge so I fished mainly the creek channel edges on the main channel side. I am sure we have crossed paths around the Brown's Creek area as I fish that area a lot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bridgeholder1 View Post
    I fished that area yesterday with only drum and catfish to show. I was mainly trying out new electronics (Lowrance Elite 5 DSI). I know that it is discontinued but is in my price range. The shad were so thick as you said I would snag several. Lots of boats under the bridge so I fished mainly the creek channel edges on the main channel side. I am sure we have crossed paths around the Brown's Creek area as I fish that area a lot.
    Not to many under there today which was a surprise and I'm sure we have becayse I stay in that area quite a bit

Post Thanks / Like

I am in a 2070 SC Triton Semi Vee tin boat. I normally have a German Shepherd with me. Give me a shout if you see me and we can exchange fish stories (lies). Happy New Year!

Post Thanks / Like

Yea I've seen you a couple times and will do next time.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice I have no luck fishing like that. They been running 3 turbines at logan every day I've been in last week or so.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by usafret99 View Post
    Nice I have no luck fishing like that. They been running 3 turbines at logan every day I've been in last week or so.
    Yea I have had a lot of practice fishing that way since I'm just now starting to get my boat fully setup to troll