Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Holiday Drinking & Driving

Post Thanks / Like

Default Holiday Drinking & Driving

With the holidays upon us I would like to share a personal experience with you about drinking and driving after a "social session" with friends.

Well, this past Wednesday, I was out on a pre-Thanksgiving evening with friends. I had a few cocktails, followed by a handful of glasses of vintage red wine.

Despite the jolliness, I still had the sense to know that I was over the limit. That's when I decided to do what I have never done before: I took a cab home.

Sure enough, there was a police road block on the freeway but, since it was a cab, they waved it past. I arrived home safely without incident.

This was both a great relief and surprise because I had never driven a cab before. I don't even know where I got it from and, now that it is in my garage, I don't know what to do with it.
    The "King" is coming
    This could be the Day....
    RETIRED LOUISIANA CRAPPIE HUNTER
    Likes Luvfatslabs LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

gooden

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

That is a true story. It was my taxi. Bruce please bring it back.
    Team Overalls Travel Squad

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Rofl!
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  smileyhooked.gif
Views: 183
Size:  4.8 KBhook, line & sinker.
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

Post Thanks / Like

Somehow I think this story misses the intended IDEA of taking a taxi...seriously, the State of Ohio is already announcing that EVERY available police officer, deputy and State Patrol trooper will be out in force targeting DUIs and no seatbelt offenses in particular. Thankfully DUI related deaths are down 19% last Christmas - New Years Eve from 2011`s holiday season. Anyone needing a FREE cab ride upto 25 miles from home only needs to call...if all that avoids even 1 single injury in a traffic accident it is money well spent ! PLEASE be SAFE for those who care about us...
    Likes Redge, prefers shiners LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Just had a young college girl get hit by a drunk driver in my town!! He came home to visit family had too much and the girl that got hit was actually pushing her girl friend out of the way!!!!!!! She's hurt bad and more ticked because she's going to miss playing in the NCAA Womans Hockey tournament. Tough young lady.

She's got a long way to go!!!!! but she has alot of support. If you're out drinking have a designated driver, take a cab or take a transit bus if they have one. It's not worth killing someone!!
    Likes prefers shiners, Tracker123 LIKED above post