Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Auto inflateable life preservers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Auto inflateable life preservers

Just saw this at Cabelas Online Only deals "Cabelas Angler 3500 AUTO INFLATE for only $69.99. This is the cheapest I have ever seen these type of vests go for. Just thought I would pass it along. For any one who is looking to purchase.

Try this link; Cabela's Angler 3500 Auto Inflatable PFD : Cabela's

Looks a little long?

Post Thanks / Like

that's a good price, paid $119 for mine a couple years ago.......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

if you have this, would you have to have life vest in boat also? to be legal
    kost plus crappie team

Post Thanks / Like

Good price, I'm going to check it out more after work. THAT is the "wearable" life vest Warbird. As long as it has the Coast Guard Approved and Type stamped on it. I think you still need a throwable onboard though.
    The fishing was so good I thought it was yesterday

Post Thanks / Like

The inflatables have to be worn to count as coast gaurd approved. If you do not have them on you need a regular vest in the boat to count as legal. I have an inflatable and it has type 3 characteristics when worn but is only considered a type 5 when not worn. This is why its only coast gaurd approved when worn. For the longest I thought that since my jacket had the type 3 printed on it I was good but I just recently got out the tags and owners manual and it describes the 3 and 5 scenario in it and states it only counts for a life jacket when worn. I usually wear mine the whole trip fishing now and they are very comfortable and I dont even realize I have it on.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice price, thinking about one for the MR340 in 2014. I had blisters/chaffing areas worn on my nipples and collar area from my full life vest after this years try. I was also thinking about the around the waste type inflatable, but that does not seem as safe on a unconscious wearer.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Post Thanks / Like

The Mrs says a 30 dollar vest not worn is not as good as a 120 dollar one that I wear on the water. Really likes the fact that I have an inflatable one on and not hanging on my boat chair while I am floating in the water. Good price and comfortable.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll have to check them out.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm new to any life jacket that isn't old and bulky, so for give me for a couple dumb questions. I suppose the "auto inflatable" means that once wet it will inflate? How sensitive are these to rain? Do they have to be "reset" after a period of time? Again, sorry for the questions, but being a new father I would like to be more responsible while on the water. Thanks in Advance

Post Thanks / Like

Rain will not inflate. The trigger is the same as scuba divers gauges that activate when you enter the water. It takes a set amount of time that can't be triggered by even the most violent rain storm. It is more of a combination of pressure and conductivity than just getting wet.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast