Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Shearon Harris no fish

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shearon Harris no fish

Fished Shearon Harris today. Was cold. Was no crappie. I know lot of guys who keep too many crappie last year. I only kaught one cat fish. My great grandson Ron took me fishing for my 96 birthday.

Post Thanks / Like

happy belated birthday, you obviously have way more experience than i so all i'll say is keep on keeping on.

Post Thanks / Like

Happy birthday. Shearon Harris fishing has been struggling lately. I've gone a time or two and caught nothing. Talked to a few guys at the ramp and they were skunked too. There's just too many people going there during the summer months and just loading some coolers full. I personally saw a few guys come off the water with a ton of fish. Frustrating to say the least.

Post Thanks / Like

I fear that Harris Has been overfished the past two years due to the problems at Jordan. Jordan seems to be making a come back. Last year Jordan was fished much less because people could not catch fish there. Many of those people moved to Harris. I hope with Jordan getting better it will take some pressure off Harris. I also think there is a shad shortage at Harris. I still see lots of gulls but I don't see them feeding very often. Another thing to think about is the wind. We have had a lot of NE and SW wind this fall and that makes it hard to fish Harris. Just my two cents.

Post Thanks / Like

Happy birthday ! WOW 96?

Post Thanks / Like

we have hit on a very strong concern, folks keeping to many fish, especially the larger ones. as a crappie fisherman it seems to be ingrained in us to keep what we catch, but there are to many of us now to all do that, we need to be more carefull with what we keep and not take more than we really need. we can't keep bouncing from lake to lake raping one then on to the next, the next time someone complains about what happened to all the big fish in lake x we should all probably look in the mirror. just because it is legal doesn't make it right.

Post Thanks / Like

My wife Betty just told me I were 86 not 96. I gues I have more time to catch crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

God bless you. It does give more time
    Quote Originally Posted by general hotrod View Post
    my wife betty just told me i were 86 not 96. I gues i have more time to catch crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lucky Man

Quote Originally Posted by General Hotrod View Post
    My wife Betty just told me I were 86 not 96. I gues I have more time to catch crappie.
    That's a good woman that can take ten years off your age!

: )

Post Thanks / Like

wish my wife would give me 10 years back