Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rock spidering

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Rock spidering

Went out locally Saturday evening, just thought maybe. It was!!! Found a spot and played 4-square, this corner of the pile was whitey, and this corner was dinky whiteys, and this was crappie and the last was none. Action was nonstop, fast, and fishing once remembered. Filled my bucket the last twilight bite with decent crappies 10"-13" and they came shallow, 4'-6' Drop down, no nothing, just hold and thump. Keep 1 out 3, maybe 4 fish. Doink, doink, doink, translated thump, thump, thump. Hey Joe, now that you're gone can I fish your spot?
    All lakes raise a foot when I step in the boat
    Likes PannieJoe LIKED above post

crappieslinger is offline Moderator Kansas Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like fun! Thanks for the report
    Don't Move a Mussel!! Clean, Drain and Dry EVERY TIME, ON EVERY BODY OF WATER!!

Post Thanks / Like

Took my youngest daughter for an evening bite last night 12/8/13. Upon arrival we were excited and cold already, it was snowing and blowing, but tolerable. We warmed right up immediately while whacking some crappies continuously. My daughter had a blast, she caught fish too. When we quit the front of her coat was a frozen slime mess, but this ones a trooper and just shrugged it off. Not many whiteys, a few, pretty much just crappie, fish at 6 tonight.

crappieslinger is offline Moderator Kansas Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that is dedication! Too cold for this kid to get on the water.
    Thanks for the report!
    Don't Move a Mussel!! Clean, Drain and Dry EVERY TIME, ON EVERY BODY OF WATER!!

Post Thanks / Like

Dedication wasn't the word that came to my mind!! LOL
    "My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am" -- unknown

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiedoc View Post
    Went out locally Saturday evening, just thought maybe. It was!!! Found a spot and played 4-square, this corner of the pile was whitey, and this corner was dinky whiteys, and this was crappie and the last was none. Action was nonstop, fast, and fishing once remembered. Filled my bucket the last twilight bite with decent crappies 10"-13" and they came shallow, 4'-6' Drop down, no nothing, just hold and thump. Keep 1 out 3, maybe 4 fish. Doink, doink, doink, translated thump, thump, thump. Hey Joe, now that you're gone can I fish your spot?
    It was your spot before it was mine...lol Keep it warm for me, I might sneak back before my license expires???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DroptineJoe View Post
    It was your spot before it was mine...lol Keep it warm for me, I might sneak back before my license expires???
    Mamasun, I watched her and the family back in the 80's when I was a kid. Haven't seen them 10yrs at least. Jim Kidd was another one, he loved a 32nd brown colored jig, that color algae turns in the winter. Learned about the 'salad bar' from Jim. Hey, some things just fit, you know.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiedoc View Post
    Mamasun, I watched her and the family back in the 80's when I was a kid. Haven't seen them 10yrs at least. Jim Kidd was another one, he loved a 32nd brown colored jig, that color algae turns in the winter. Learned about the 'salad bar' from Jim. Hey, some things just fit, you know.
    Can someone explain all this to me? Also, what is Rock Spidering. Sorry, just trying to learn a few techniques.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Snaggedagain View Post
    Can someone explain all this to me? Also, what is Rock Spidering. Sorry, just trying to learn a few techniques.
    It's fishing from the bank