Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Wylie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Wylie

Hi All, I am thinking of fishing Lake Wylie. My question is I have a 16 Alumacraft Angler with a 25 HP Tiller Steer. Is this boat going to be safe on this lake? In searching the internet, I see people talk about the pleasure traffic on the weekends, this may not be an issue this time of year but I am hoping for some advice before I drive there from Ga.

Post Thanks / Like

This is a good time of year to be on the water most of the pleasure boaters are off the water . Is there a reason you are driving here just to fish wylie ,id fish wateree if it was just a Crappie fishing trip ,a lot of better quality fish there.jmo....
    If You Aint Fishing, You Aint Living!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

My wife will be working in the area so I thought I would try the fishing out while I am home on leave.

Post Thanks / Like

You'll be fine. We take our 14' out all the time and have no issues. Its the middle of the summer when the water is warm when you need to worry about it.
    1 HP Kayak, Still learning this freshwater stuff

Post Thanks / Like

I fished Wylie since 1986 in a 14' polar craft flat bottom with a 6 hp. Sometimes the big boats will make you mad with their lack of courteousness, but you shouldn't have any problems other than that. Good Luck!

Post Thanks / Like

youll be just fine, and i have made 3 trips out there the last 2 weeks.....all i will say is that the BITE IS ON
    Full day 1/2 day or evening Striper/Crappie fishing trips available at a very affordable price for
    Lake Norman, Badin, Wateree, High Rock.
    Individual maker of the heavy duty "hybrid" A-rig Trolls just like an umbrella rig, Guaranteed to put fish in the boat

https://www.facebook.com/pmmalec Email: [email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/BOLOcharters