Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Smoked bacon wrapped sasuage and cheese stuffed jap peppers....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smoked bacon wrapped sasuage and cheese stuffed jap peppers....

Jap peppers...Jalipino or however you spell it...Take those if you can get some big one's fresh or PABLANO CHILIES fresh, cut top open, remove seeds, stuff with cooked sasuage that's been cooled and LOTS of cheese (any kind you like)...Wrap with LOTS and LOTS of bacon, making sure to replace the pepper top and wrap good with the bacon to avoid leaking cheese...use toothpicks to hold bacon in place as well as to secure the pepper back together...This might take a little practice at first...Place into your SMOKER and slow smoke for a couple of hours...Enjoy!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I have been making these for a long time and there always a hit.
    For people that do not like the heat. Cut the peppers in half long ways. Then take out the seeds and stuff in it. around 2 lbs of peppers.
    I take one pound of hot sausage cook it and drain the fat off.
    one package of cream cheese at room temperature. Mix sausage and cheese and stuff the half's with this and then wrap with bacon or not.
    There good in the oven cook on a rack for around 1 hour at 300 degrees.

Or smoker for 1 1/2 hour to 2 hours at 225 to 250.

Last time I fixed them we ate 10 lbs of peppers in 4 days but there was a lot of people there to eat them..

Pete

Post Thanks / Like

We do something very similar with the peppers cut long ways. instead of using the sausage we just use cream cheese and mix in some garlic powder and cajun seasoning, stuff 'em, wrap 'em with bacon and bake. taste even better the next day.
    I can only wish to be as good as my dog thinks I am