Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Harvey County East

Post Thanks / Like

Default Harvey County East

Been catching some nice crappie at Harvey County East Lake. Tree dippin with tiny jigs - red and chartreuse tubes on 1/32 and 1/64 red jigs and very tiny white mister twisters on 1/64 red jigs. Went Saturday Nov. 18th and caught some 12" white crappies and 1 13" black crappie. Catching some small channel cats on the jigs with crappie nibbles. Here lately I'm the only boat on the lake. 2012 white F150 and 1648 Lowe Roughneck with 15 hp Merc.

Post Thanks / Like

welcome aboard nice report

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to CDC KS!!!! Not sure where this lake is but,,,I'll try anything to get a bite! Nice report!! <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Harvey is 7 miles East of Newton on 1st street. Approx. 250 acres and 2 nice boat ramps with boat docks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DRFISHDUCK View Post
    Harvey is 7 miles East of Newton on 1st street. Approx. 250 acres and 2 nice boat ramps with boat docks.
    THANKS!!!! Glad it's south of here! Going to get cold here soon!! <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Good report . . . Get em while it's warm . . . and Welcome to CDC

Post Thanks / Like

Nice. I used to drive by it a couple times a week when I went to school at Hutch. Used to cut across from Cassoday to Newton before I would jump on 50 to finish the trip. It always looked like good fishing, but I was usually in too big a hurry to stop.

crappieslinger is offline Moderator Kansas Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forums! I look forward to reading your posts.
    Don't Move a Mussel!! Clean, Drain and Dry EVERY TIME, ON EVERY BODY OF WATER!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report.
    A couple times during winter I throw my plastic 2 man boat in the back of the truck, go to work, zip up to Harvey after work, and fish a couple hours before it gets to dark. Haven't done it this year, but might have to try to get up there to see if I can find a crappie or two. Usually just dip trees as I haven't found any brush piles to fish for crappie out there. Caught some crappie in 3-4fow in the middle of winter from dipping trees out there. Most times I've been out there I was the only boat also.
    Lake seems to have a lot of shad also, been out there when they just were boiling the water up by the tunnel, then also been there in early spring(March) when they had a shad kill and the banks were just lined with dead fish.