Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Spring trip

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spring trip

I would like to make a trip up to your area in late May or early June with my wife. I would like to find a really good crappie lake, maybe some walleye, with a nice resort with nice cabins,docks and a boat launch for my 16 foot Lund. Any suggestions would be greatly welcomed!!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about resorts, but I know Chetek chain has tons of crappie in it, seen some good walleye come out of there, but I'm not a walleye guy.

Post Thanks / Like

Chippewa flowage that is the same time we go walleyes are scarse for most of us but we do well on the crappie lots of resorts beautiful scenery. We stay at Johnsons resort. Have also stayed at RR bayview nice place most have repeat customers so availability will have to be checked.

Post Thanks / Like

We have caught plenty of nice Crappies and Bluegills in June on the Chippewa Flowage. There are walleye there too? These were from June 2013.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

I have a house on Birch lake in Birchwood. Its a good panfish bass lake and its within half hour of chip flowage and 100s of other good fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Take a look at Lake Wissota. It and the surrounding areas might be worth a gander.

Post Thanks / Like

Have a cottage on middle McKenzie northwest of Spooner love to fish crappie. The natural clear lakes are so different to
    fish then the flowages. I usually cast jigs to outside weed edges or troll. This year going to try mini boards.