Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: The Fall Bite!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Fall Bite!!!

In your area and state what time of day does your Crappie Bite take place?? Here in Northern Indiana it is around 3:00 in the afternoon. Now my question is: Does the lake make a difference in what time of day the bite takes place??

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

at twilight- morning and afternoon. also at the time of the day that is predicted on the solunar tables. the fish could also be active at night, but i don't have the time to try them at night, so that's just a guess. the water is cooler right now at night, so i assume the fish would become more active while the water is cooler. lol

keep your powder dry

Post Thanks / Like

The best times are moon overhead and moon underfoot. The minor feeding times are moon rise and moon set. All these times are approximately 6 hrs. apart. But crappie will also feed between these times, so keep a bait in the water whenever you can and you will eventually find them. Good luck, hope you catch a bunch.

A bad day of fishing
    beats a good day at work.

Jerry

Post Thanks / Like

3 pm is good with the shorter days, i'm in southern ind. fish till dark, crappie are moving alot just have to find them. best time to fish is when ever u can