Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: First winter in Florida- looking for Crescent lake/Dunns Creek fisherman to join me.

Post Thanks / Like

Default First winter in Florida- looking for Crescent lake/Dunns Creek fisherman to join me.

My father has decided to leave Ohio and spend 4 months this winter crappie fishing in Florida. He fishes for crappie/bluegill everyday in and around Lake Erie in Ohio and plans to fish everyday in Florida as well. He just booked a nice house on the canal just off Dunns Creek in Satsuma. Starting the first of December until March, he'll be on the canals, creek and Crescent Lake chasing the slabs. He's hoping to meet other panfisherman in the area who would like to join him or get together and talk fishing.
    Anyone who lives around or knows the area lakes and wants to get together can respond here or contact him directly. He'd be more then happy to talk crappie fishing with you. Contact-

William Wester
    419-345-4443
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Hey William,

I am more in the "Lake Monroe" area, but welcome aboard.........

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger88 View Post
    Hey William,

I am more in the "Lake Monroe" area, but welcome aboard.........
    Hey Ranger88, how's the bite down there on Monroe? Also plan to fish surrounding lakes. Will have plenty of time and plan to spend it fishing. Let me know if you ever want to make it up to the Crescent Lake area.

Post Thanks / Like

You're on one of the best lakes around. It will get right soon and you won't want to go anywhere else.

Here's our schedule for 2013-2014. Hope you can join us.

October 12, 2013 - - - - - - - Lake Monroe Fish till 1 PM. Cook - - POINTS RACE
    November 16, 2013 - - - - - - - Lake Harney - - Fish Till 3 PM - - NO COOK OUT -- slabtogether - - POINTS RACE changed 9-10-2013
    December 14, 2013 - - - - - - - Astor, FL Fish 3 PM - - NO COOK OUT --slabtogether - - POINTS RACE
    January 11, 2014 - -- - - - - - - Crescent Lake - - Fish til 3 PM - - NO COOK OUT - - slabtogether - - POINTS RACE
    February 15, 2014 - - - - - - - Lake Griffin State Park - - Fish till 1 PM - - Cook - - POINTS RACE
    March 15, 2014 - - - - - - - - - Lake Woodruff Fish till 3 PM - - NO COOK OUT -- slabtogether - - POINTS RACE changed 9-10-2013
    April 12, 2014 - - - - - - - - - - Lake Monroe - - CLASSIC - - Fish till 1 PM - - FOOD CATERED

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER and
    SBF
    authorized by: billbob and "G"
    aka: Baconator

Post Thanks / Like

Plan to make the Crescent Lake gathering in January. I had heard about another crappie tournament on Crescent in December. Does anyone know about this one?

Post Thanks / Like

I spoke with him yesterday, he got my number from somewhere. I am going to give him a crash course on Crescent. He mentioned he had a big Lund but wasn't going to bring it, instead he would be bringing down a 15ft boat. That's fine but that Lund would be useful, Crescent can get rolling sometimes and I don't know of I would be out there in a 15 ft rig unless I had to. He wouldn't regret bringing down the big boat, Crescent is definately not lacking in fish.
    ,,,,,,,-------,,7777777,,,,,........99999...........www.catchcarolina.com

Post Thanks / Like

Just, spoke with him. For the purpose of everyday fishing in the canals and Dunns Creek, the 15ft'r is probably good enough. Keeping an eye on the weather, I'm sure he can make the occasional trip down to Crescent too.
    Hes looking forward to learning Crescent lake from you. He's a good fisherman and good company. I hope you guys find some big slabs down there

Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to getting together with him.
    ,,,,,,,-------,,7777777,,,,,........99999...........www.catchcarolina.com