Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Micro Guide Rebuild

Post Thanks / Like

Default Micro Guide Rebuild

Just finished rebuilding 2 11' jigging rods with 14 (3mm ) eyes on each rod . I had a lot of help from a good friend who builds rods. What a challenge handling such small objects. Tying bb's on a round rod blank is very frustrating. Have not fished them yet but playing with them seems better. I got tired of the line wrapping around the tip so I put 4 guides at the tip end of the rod in the last foot. We shall see in a couple of days how they fish. Interesting project.
    Name:  resize micro.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  28.1 KB
    Life is Good !
    2018 Kentucky & Tennessee Crappie Masters State Champs!

Post Thanks / Like

I am a fan of micros (until you need to pass a knot or bobber stop).

Post Thanks / Like

Let me know how its works, I hate it when my line raps around my rod tip because of the eyes. I've even thought of running my line on the inside of the rod but never have tried it.

Post Thanks / Like

CL, I made a rod tip with the line inside by using inserts from brass to plastic tubing inserts. I could not get over how much less the sensitivity was. Didn't hang up the line one time. I haven't tried braid in it yet. Still on the path to a better rod. Let you know after this weekend on the water how the micros do.
    Life is Good !

Post Thanks / Like

Had a chance to fish these new rods and the sensitivity is unbelievable. I used 8# Suffix first to test for curl wrap at the end and not one time. Very happy about that. Next I used 10# powerpro and it was amazing how much feel they had and no wind knots or wrapping the tip. I could feel the line moving thru the water and any tap what so ever. I am glad I did it now. Kind of hard to do but it paid off.
    Life is Good !