Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 10/16 and 10/17

Post Thanks / Like

Default 10/16 and 10/17

10/16 at Melvern. Such a nice day had to get on the water. Hit every spot know to man kind. Not much. Two keeps and a bunch of dinks. Did not matter where you fished brush, channel breaks flats dinks and not many of those. Melvern used to be so easy but not so much now. Got me to wonder if I need to turn in my licences.

Post Thanks / Like

10/17 okay sprayed boat down with clorox mix, then headed for Pamona, could not be worse than Melvern right. Well not so much. Wind Out of the WNW right down the lake four foot rollers. tried fishing out of the wind caught two keeps, two dozen dinks. I am done until water is 40 degrees

Post Thanks / Like

I thinking on fishing small lakes, if no bite at least I will not burn as much fuel. Thanks for the report, save me a two hour drive. Maybe a trip west to Glen Elder, or Wilson for the thooty ones.

Post Thanks / Like

I keep wanting to make the drive to Lyon State Fishing Lake. I just don't like driving the gravel to get to it with my boat. It isn't far as the crow flies from me, but I refuse to drive 10+ miles all on gravel to get there.

Post Thanks / Like

you talking about the lake West of reading? There is not that much gravel road. Just about two miles from Hwy to lake and boat ramp.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep. But for me to get to it without driving 30 miles out of the way its gravel for 10 plus miles.

Post Thanks / Like

Go thru Lebo and over only 17 miles including there and back

Post Thanks / Like

Plus the drive to Lebo for me. It's faster to shoot up Road X from here. By the time I do that I can be at Coffey County or Melvern. One of these days Chase State Lake is on my to do list.