Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Clinton 10/17/2013

Post Thanks / Like

Default Clinton 10/17/2013

Wish I could give a good report of yesterday fishing, if I did it would be a lie. Six hours on the lake and TWO keepers and maybe 12 total for the day. White caps out the west made it hard to hold on piles/breaks. But still better being there than watching Opra.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a rough day! I bet you recorded Oprah Ron!
    "My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am" -- unknown

Post Thanks / Like

I went out on Wed and caught a few white bass.

Post Thanks / Like

At last you got out and felt a few thumps, thanks for the report.
    FAITH, FAMILY, FRIENDS & FISHING...... hopefully in that order but honestly, not always!

Post Thanks / Like

zeepo, Were on bank fishing or fishing from a boat for the white bass? I'm still wanting to hit up some white bass.

Post Thanks / Like

Ron, that sure don't get me to excited to get out there. How'd the water look, besides wet:rolleyes:

Post Thanks / Like

Dexter, I was fishing from a boat, I saw several people wading on the south side of the dam. Wind was out of the NW so they were on the wind blown mud banks. Caught a few wipers mixed in but only a few. I was going to try the dam but did not make it that far as I thought it should be good. I thought we would pick up a walleye or two but only whites. No surface action that I could see and we stayed until dark which I wonder why as we were catching surfacing fish in early Sept. The Milford guys are catching them on the surface so I wonder what is different between the two lakes or maybe they see me coming and go deep and when I leave they are jumping out of the water. Just my luck.

Zeepo

Post Thanks / Like

Center12 the water looked good except west around the chimney where there was some coloring. Also ??????????? lots of 3 inch shad were floating, birds were getting all they could eat. Not a bite did we get in that area.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zeepo View Post
    Just my luck.

Zeepo
    We seem to do better hitting whites on the banks. When they come in they are VERY shallow. Like they strike 5 feet out. Hm. if there are people bank fishing out there, it must be a sign that the white are feeding before they go out deep before winter. Maybe I'll plan a day to go bank fishing in Clinton in the near future. I'd love to hit up Milford to hit some top water wipers on the boat too, but none of my friends can go when I am free.