PDA

View Full Version : Hard To Keep A Jig In The Water/ Pics

bee
10-13-2013, 10:50 AM
This morning was one to dream for. The weather was overcast 53 degrees and dead calm. And the crappie were on the feed. We boated 72 in 2 hours. A few pics taken and all sent back. This is the first year for this place to produce like it has. I the past 2-3 years we got a few small ones. But they have exploded and I expect to be into lots of 15 - 16 next year. If others when they discover this spot will also be selective in the taking of these fine crappie it only get better. 139276139277139278139279139280139281

BANDIT
10-13-2013, 11:32 AM
Pretty fish. :ThumbsUp

CrappiePappy
10-13-2013, 11:40 AM
Bee .... I'm curious about those fish. In some of your pictures, some of the Crappie "appear" to be Blacknose. It may just be that you're photographing them from the side, and the shadows are creating that effect, but then some appear to have a darker band of black from their top lip up towards their dorsal fin. Are any of them Blacknose Black Crappie, or is it just the way they're being photographed ??

... cp :kewl

bee
10-13-2013, 11:59 AM
Bee .... I'm curious about those fish. In some of your pictures, some of the Crappie "appear" to be Blacknose. It may just be that you're photographing them from the side, and the shadows are creating that effect, but then some appear to have a darker band of black from their top lip up towards their dorsal fin. Are any of them Blacknose Black Crappie, or is it just the way they're being photographed ??

I think it is just the way the pic. comes out. This body of water is very stained so I have to let them soak awhile to get the good colors back. Maybe next time I will do a before and after shot. Just to show the difference. We have a no live fish law here so I have to careful in what I show.

rbreedi1
10-13-2013, 12:59 PM
Beautiful fish!

flycaster
10-13-2013, 02:57 PM
I think it is just the way the pic. comes out. This body of water is very stained so I have to let them soak awhile to get the good colors back. Maybe next time I will do a before and after shot. Just to show the difference. We have a no live fish law here so I have to careful in what I show.

Bee: Can you explain this law????? Curious mind at work.:banghead:banghead

CrappiePappy
10-13-2013, 03:12 PM
Bee: Can you explain this law????? Curious mind at work.:banghead:banghead

Flycaster ... I had the same question, until I realized Bee was talking about a "no live (fish) BAIT" law. The intent of that law is to protect the Trout fishery. Crappie were considered a nuisance fish until recently ... and they still have no size limit laws.

kycreek
10-13-2013, 03:36 PM
Bee, you are a lucky man to have that fishery. Catch a BIG one for me.

bee
10-13-2013, 03:54 PM
Bee: Can you explain this law????? Curious mind at work.:banghead:banghead If you catch a fish it has to be killed or released. No live well use is permitted. Only in Bass Tourney's.

CrappiePappy
10-13-2013, 04:06 PM
If you catch a fish it has to be killed or released. No live well use is permitted. Only in Bass Tourney's.

Is that statewide, or just in certain areas or lakes ?? Is that specific to Crappie, or to ALL fish of that area or lake ??

Sorry about the misinterpretation ... I thought you were referring to a no live bait (fish) law. :Doh:

MG39
10-13-2013, 04:29 PM
All bodies of water and all fish of every species have to be released or killed. If killed, they become part of your daily limit. The exception is you may keep live bait in your boat, on waters that are not restricted to use of live bait. You can't even keep live bait in a holding trap on those waters that are closed to live bait. So, if you live on one of those waters, you have to keep your bait elsewhere! One of the main reasons for that law is to prevent you from "culling" your catch, because the mortality rate is high. The other reason is to prevent the "bucket biologist" from moving "invasive" categorized fish.

shipahoy41
10-13-2013, 06:42 PM
Good job.

Fatman
10-13-2013, 06:49 PM
Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Always wish for days like that!!!!