Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bank fishing locations for crappie

Varsity12 Guest

Default Bank fishing locations for crappie

Hi.

I would like to do some crappie fishing on Beaver Lake, but I don't own a boat. Can anyone suggest some places I might be able to do some bank fishing? Any location within 20-30 minutes of the Hwy 12 bridge would be ok.

Also, I'm a novice to crappie fishing. I've pretty much only fished for bass, so if you have any suggestions for tackle I would also appreciate that.

Thanks very much.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Varsity12
    Hi.

I would like to do some crappie fishing on Beaver Lake, but I don't own a boat. Can anyone suggest some places I might be able to do some bank fishing? Any location within 20-30 minutes of the Hwy 12 bridge would be ok.

Also, I'm a novice to crappie fishing. I've pretty much only fished for bass, so if you have any suggestions for tackle I would also appreciate that.

Thanks very much.
    I fish Beaver at least twice a week and here lately the fish have been located near and around the main river and creek channels. I would recomend using a slip float with a minnow and fish about 12'-15' down.
    You can try the first piling on the west side under the 12 bridge and the pocket right below the ramp, there has been a lot of brush sank there.
    Another option is going to the handycap dock in Prairie Creek near the day use area. fish the same depth there as well, I would try both starting with Prairie Creek.
    I guide for Crappie, and I am running a Winter special right now through mid February, if you'd like to get out on the lake let me know.
    Tight Lines!
    Jason Piper

Varsity12 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by J.T. Crappie Guide
    I fish Beaver at least twice a week and here lately the fish have been located near and around the main river and creek channels. I would recomend using a slip float with a minnow and fish about 12'-15' down.
    You can try the first piling on the west side under the 12 bridge and the pocket right below the ramp, there has been a lot of brush sank there.
    Another option is going to the handycap dock in Prairie Creek near the day use area. fish the same depth there as well, I would try both starting with Prairie Creek.
    I guide for Crappie, and I am running a Winter special right now through mid February, if you'd like to get out on the lake let me know.
    Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate the information.

Good fishing,
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Varsity12
    Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate the information.

Good fishing,
    Jeff
    Hello Jeff!
    I'll be out in the morning. I'll be putting in at the hwy. 12 bridge. Maybe I'll see you out around the bridge!
    Good luck!
    Jason
    Tight Lines!
    Jason Piper