Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Salamonie drawdown and ramps

Post Thanks / Like

Default Salamonie drawdown and ramps

Why is the drawdown at Salamonie earlier and much quicker than almost every other reservoir in the state? I've noticed Raccoon's drawdown is usually similar. Also, how much longer will the ramp at Lost Bridge East be viable? Just started fishing this impoundment a couple of years ago and had fished the West end by the dam and put in at Dora New Holland which is usable when no other ramps are...so, need to know how much more fishing I can do on the East end. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

I talked to a person at the corps of engineers office a couple of weeks ago . He said they were drawing it down at a rate of four inches per day. Also the DNR had put in a request that the Corp take the level 4 or 5 feet below normal winter pool by the first part of November. The DNR was wanting to work on one of the ramps. The request was for two weeks at the lower level and then it could refill to normal winter pool, depending on precipitation. The Lost Bridge west ramp is where I normally launch. It is safe parking and usable for longer than the east ramp. I was there yesterday, beware of the quite slippery ,slimy coating of algae on the newly exposed ramp surface.

Post Thanks / Like

Can use Dora most all year. I've used it 15ft below summer, but if I had a tin boat I'd not hesitate to use it lower.

Post Thanks / Like

Also if you use Dora go Straight out from ramp until you hit channel. Go left or right at 10ft below summer and you will need a new prop.