Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Calling all expert Pomme de crappie fisherman for tips...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Calling all expert Pomme de crappie fisherman for tips...

I bought my first boat last March (95 Nitro 170) and I still love it. I would love to become a much better fisherman than I am (which isnt much at this point).
    My father-in-law hooked me on crappie fishing and thats what Im primarialy intrested in.

Can any of you guys give me some of the best tips/tricks for the novice to catch some crappie? Please dont be to technical because I dont understand a lot of the terms used when I read some of the posts.

All I know about crappie fishing is use minnows or nibbles and fish the tree lined areas where they like to have structure to hide. Anything you tell me other than that will be useful.

Im taking a real good friend of mine with me this weekend to Pomme de Terre and I would really like to be able to catch some fish. :D

Please please!!!! Thanks!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MOmilkman
    I bought my first boat last March (95 Nitro 170) and I still love it. I would love to become a much better fisherman than I am (which isnt much at this point).
    My father-in-law hooked me on crappie fishing and thats what Im primarialy intrested in.

Can any of you guys give me some of the best tips/tricks for the novice to catch some crappie? Please dont be to technical because I dont understand a lot of the terms used when I read some of the posts.

All I know about crappie fishing is use minnows or nibbles and fish the tree lined areas where they like to have structure to hide. Anything you tell me other than that will be useful.

Im taking a real good friend of mine with me this weekend to Pomme de Terre and I would really like to be able to catch some fish. :D

Please please!!!! Thanks!!!!
    I think the most important step to being a fishing person that fill the cooler with fish is LEARNING your fish finder and understanding what you see. This is something I need to work on myself.
    Duane

My ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead
    divorced and no one to answer to, lets go fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the Missouri board we are glad to have ya first off i have never fished pomme but it sounds like you have a starting point there you can never go wrong fishing the trees.Your best bet would be to come to the campout at lake of the ozarks on the 13 th of oct you can pick up a bunch of tips in a couple of days,check out crappie fishing & camping weekend oct 13,14&15 at loz at the top of this board it has all the info you will need.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

This website has some locations of brush drops by the MDC. You may want to note their locations and relate them to a map.

http://mdc.mo.gov/areas/swest/

I'm not familiar with Pomme, but I here is a good place to catch numbers of crappie.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all, espically the site for the brush drops. I have a GPS so I will put it to good use there.
    I guess we'll see what happens!

Thanks all!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I just thought I'd let you all know how everything went today.

I took my buddy and we were skunked for the first half of the day (from 9am till about 3pm) then we started hauling in the crappie so fast I couldnt re-bait the hook fast enough! It was awesome. All in all, we had about 10 keepers so I was very happy with that considering it didnt look like we wer going home with anything.

Again, thanks to all!

Post Thanks / Like

You're in trouble now milkman you're hooked as bad as those fish ya'll caught the other day and it just keeps getting worse.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie