Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guntersville 8-21-13

Post Thanks / Like

Default Guntersville 8-21-13

Figured I give a little report on Guntersville, Went out today at 10am water was 79 degree's partly cloudy. I was trolling crankbaits 11 to 13 foot deep in 26 to 17 ft of water speed about 1.8 to 2.0 depending on wind. I don't think it really matter on color today they hit green, pink, and black. First fish on before I could get the second rod out. Caught 13 keepers threw a few smalls back to grow and then headed back in at 1pm no slabs but all around 12inches. Oh Yeah and water was very clean not much grass catching the lines (that is very rare in big G).

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report, glad you were able to put some on the line, maybe one of these days I will get a chance to try trolling over there, maybe....

Post Thanks / Like

Basically noticed the same thing this past Saturday on Gville. Not as much floating grass as normal. I think it has to do with the cooler weather the past week and less boat traffic. Anyway, we fished in 16'-20' of water fishing 14'-16' deep from 6:30-10:00AM and ended up with 23. No short fish but most were 11-13", no pigs like we were looking for. All were released. Color varied as well.
    Scott Echols
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Crazy Angler Tackle

Post Thanks / Like

I think your spot on with the cooler weather and Boat traffic, I maybe saw 6 boats out of the whole 13 miles of river I covered.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buckbrush82 View Post
    I think your spot on with the cooler weather and Boat traffic, I maybe saw 6 boats out of the whole 13 miles of river I covered.
    There was one boat pulling some tubers on us Saturday morning at 8:30. I still had a longsleeve shirt on! But the boat traffic as a whole was way down.
    Scott Echols
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Crazy Angler Tackle

Post Thanks / Like

I am going to try my luck next Thursday, when I told my wife I was taking a day of vacation to go fishing, she said "So you are taking vacation, just to go fish", I said, "Well yeah, school is back in session, and on a weekday there will be less boat traffic" and she replied "I have heard it all now", wives, go figure....

Post Thanks / Like

Hey all....quick question.... do you see the shad on guntersville moving out of the creeks this time of year? I've lost the bait that my fish were chasing. and I seem to remember seeing lots of bait out in the reservoir this time last year

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by callshy View Post
    There was one boat pulling some tubers on us Saturday morning at 8:30. I still had a longsleeve shirt on! But the boat traffic as a whole was way down.
    I was out there Sunday morning. There was no boat traffic, course it WAS raining.
    Team "Itch N 2 Fish"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Country Toad View Post
    Hey all....quick question.... do you see the shad on guntersville moving out of the creeks this time of year? I've lost the bait that my fish were chasing. and I seem to remember seeing lots of bait out in the reservoir this time last year
    With the water temps this year we are still finding good numbers of shad in the creeks on Gville. Your bait may have actually went more shallow with the temps we had last week....
    Scott Echols
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Crazy Angler Tackle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast