Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Pictures of the top 2 fish and...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pictures of the top 2 fish and...

I really want to thank everyone that gave prizes to this effort and I think I can say for all of us (that donated prizes) we really appreciate everyone that tried and entered this fun little contest. Let see if next spring we can do better with prizes and entries, OK?

Here is a link to my contest page with pictures of the top 2 fish with the person that caught them. Go take a look at these fine slabs. All the pics are thumbnails so click for larger image!

http://thumpitjigs.com/Contest.html

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

was it not hard to make a decision on that? looks like they were both the same size to me. The first place fishes mouth was open more and so if it was closed more, I think they are so close to the same.

Post Thanks / Like

The first fish grew 2 inches with it's mouth open like that...

Post Thanks / Like

Hey skip, I know its not that big of a deal and I'm sure both the guys are happy and didnt pay much attention to it. It just stood out and I thought it looked alot like the wrong fish won if both mouths were closed. I apoligize for bringing it up and hey I appreciate and respect you for having a little contest like this for the fun of it and thats what its all about is being fun.

Post Thanks / Like

They were close, but both were measured with the end of the lower jaw as the starting point and both could lose about 1/2", but the first one would still be longer. The first one is more skinny but a little longer I think.

We can only do what we can with pictures in contest and since we can't be there we have to do the best we can.

Peak Vise Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker
    Hey skip, I know its not that big of a deal and I'm sure both the guys are happy and didnt pay much attention to it. It just stood out and I thought it looked alot like the wrong fish won if both mouths were closed. I apoligize for bringing it up and hey I appreciate and respect you for having a little contest like this for the fun of it and thats what its all about is being fun.
    That's OK, but the second one mouth is also open and they both turned in their length and if I was telling what I think it would be the the winning fish was a tiny bit longer than 15 3/4 and the second one was just under that by a very close margin.

I did notice both were measured with out the mouth being shut so I looked at the top lip for my decision. I think since the pictures are not the same size also makes it look a little different, but the way I see it is they both are about 1/2" difference from the top lip to the bottom one.

Peak Vise Dealer