Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: longshoal/Bucksaw

Post Thanks / Like

Default longshoal/Bucksaw

Kind of last minuet but we decided to head down and do a little fishn'. Stayed in Warsaw , went up and fished around LongShoal Tuesday, Rigged on the bluffs. 23 fish caught 12 keepers , 30+fow , 15fd. All came on minners, tried pushn' some jigs too but no takers . Fished from 7 tell noon, then headed to the Fair.
    Lots of fun there, corn dogs, funnel cakes,ice cream and people watchn' . Even got to see some good racen'.
    Wednesdays ,late start big night at the fair and all, headed to Bucksaw, now I'm thinkin middle of August high water time to go skinny and put some new scratches on the boat ! So we head up ! past the power lines and try willers, green grass, buck brush,ect ect. and nothen .. moved out to the ceders nothen, to the hard woods, you gessed it , nothen?? Well WELL ,lets pull crankbaits, its getting late, afternoon ,start back down pullin on the deep side . Went from the islands to the big set of highlines . 6 fish in all , small one was 11in big 14in.
    Two very beautiful days on the water weather was great !! I heard once ""that the fishing is all was good but sometimes the catching veries ""

Look where the thermocline is , cant say I remember it this deep in August ever !

Name:  longsh1.jpg
Views: 433
Size:  23.3 KB

Name:  longsh2.jpg
Views: 426
Size:  22.8 KB

A gun, like any other source of power, is a force for either good or evil, being neither in itself, but dependent upon those who possess it
    From an old movie I saw

Post Thanks / Like

Good report and fantastic detail ! Thank for sharing. I don't know what those pretty fish-finder pictures are showing...my fish locater is an old scuba mask.
    Teach your kids to hunt and fish and you won't have to hunt for your kids !!

Post Thanks / Like

Good report JR and Deb. Sounds like a blast of a couple days.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you had a couple of great days on the water. The fishing is always the easy part for me it's the catching that I have the problems with.

Post Thanks / Like

havin fun at the fair and fishin too wtg

Post Thanks / Like

Great report. Like the pics also.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool pics. Lots of current this last week or so and some crazy cool temps help drop that thermocline down that deep.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report and pictures. You had some good weather for fishing and the fair. I know you put the picture of the you with the fish so I wouldn't ride you on Deb catching all the big fish. Congrats on the nice slab.

Post Thanks / Like

Great report and pics also.

Post Thanks / Like

Way to go JR and Deb. A bad day of fishin is better than Well just about anything.
    There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast