Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don I Think There is Fix to Your Problem

Post Thanks / Like

Default Don I Think There is Fix to Your Problem

I called Humminbird and talked to them about that last update on the software. I ask, okay then if my screen shots are not good can I send my unit back and y'all change it back to the previous update? She told me that she could email me that software and I could change it beck my self so I got her to email it so I can use it if need be.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

yep go to the doctor
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Now that's not fair Billbob, even if true LOL!

Peak Vise Dealer

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skiptomylu View Post
    I called Humminbird and talked to them about that last update on the software. I ask, okay then if my screen shots are not good can I send my unit back and y'all change it back to the previous update? She told me that she could email me that software and I could change it beck my self so I got her to email it so I can use it if need be.
    Skip, my problem, along with many others, was needing the 6.610 and above software to operate some of our gadgets. Mine was a GPS speedometer for my dash. We need the GRP Precision module(antenna) for our stuff to work. We then found out that our images went South. I had excellent images with the 5.840 software that I previously had in my unit. I can go back to that but would lose the capability of using the GRP. I figured HB would come up with a solution, but it has been 95 days now with no fix. So, I sold my unit without the Precision Module and will try to sell the antenna to a HB owner that needs one.
    I hope this is a clear explanation.

I bought a Lowrance Touch. My GPS Speedometer works well with it, and I am beginning to like the unit more every day. I'm not brand loyal so if HB comes out with new units that work well, I will probably buy one. I think at the present they are catering to the boys with the big toys.
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I thought it was just the image problems you had. I will have to work with mine to see what I need. I just use the GPS speed, but I can now see why your not a happy camper! I will have to go back to an older software version if my screen shots suck.

I am thinking about adding that high speed transducer that the bass guy uses for his down scan, bot that was a clear image he got. See the thread someone has been experimenting or something like that, LOL!

I sure hope they come up with a fix for you.

I need to talk to someone that knows more than I do. I want a down scan on the front of my boat and I was thinking Lowrance since I have an older Lowrance up there now that I like, but no scan images on that old unit. I was thinking maybe the Lowrance was a more clear image, but after seeing that bass guys image using his HB, I am now in a bit of the I don't know thing.

Peak Vise Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

If you are looking for SI to run on the bow with your trolling motor, better check on transducer size. I think Lowrance's SI transducer is awfully large. Maybe someone with a Lowrance could let you know if it's practical to run their transducer on a trolling motor.
    Oh, I thought it was just the image problems you had. I will have to work with mine to see what I need. I just use the GPS speed, but I can now see why your not a happy camper! I will have to go back to an older software version if my screen shots suck.

I am thinking about adding that high speed transducer that the bass guy uses for his down scan, bot that was a clear image he got. See the thread someone has been experimenting or something like that, LOL!

I need to talk to someone that knows more than I do. I want a down scan on the front of my boat and I was thinking Lowrance since I have an older Lowrance up there now that I like, but no scan images on that old unit. I was thinking maybe the Lowrance was a more clear image, but after seeing that bass guys image using his HB, I am now in a bit of the I don't know thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Shellback, I do plan on checking that out and not sure i want side scan up front anyway, but for sure will look at that on both since I have a Terrova with U2 and it has to fit on there for sure. I am pretty sure I don't want the side scan on there, but I am going to Hinkle very hard before I do anything.

thanks again as that is a big problem if one doesn't fit there.

Peak Vise Dealer

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Skip, If I were going to put a DI/2D up front, I would suggest HB. The HB transducer cable will fit nicely in the Terrova channel. Garmin, which I have at the bow will also fit in the groove or channel. The Lowrance cable is too big. Also,I would recommend Transducer Shield for the trolling motor. Great product and Scap is good to work with.

It would be a nice setup to have your present HB at the console and Ethernet it to a HB DI/2D up front.
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Don, I should and will re-think my approach. It's looking like maybe I should go the way your talking about since I have the 1198 at the console.

Peak Vise Dealer

Post Thanks / Like

if using a humminbird unit,you do not have to have and si transducer mounted on the trolling motor to have si. It is possible to run and si unit at the bow with only a Di transducer mounted on the trolling motor. By doing this and using the 5 port Ethernet switch along with a console si unit you can view dedicated Di,Di from si,si and also with the 360, see out in front while stationary or view Di from the 360.all from the bow unit.also there's really only one reason for the high speed transducer that you mentioned..that's for thoughs that choice to have there transom mounted si transducer mounted in a location were when on plain doesn't have a good water flow on the transducer (such as mounted on there jack plate)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast