Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crappie Masters

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Masters

A couple questions about the MTL tournament, as a former bass tournament fisherman
    I do not understand
    why only a seven limit and more so no length limit, should be 15 and at least a 9- 10 inch limit. even i could have weighed in 7 7 inchers

and why is trailering of boats allowed?

thanks

Post Thanks / Like

well first crappie tourn. are not like bass tour........ trailering is much better than making 30 to 40 mile runs on the water...... and there is a length limit set on all mo lakes........ and why not 7 isn't that what the bass tournaments bring in? and trailering is much safer than running on the water in rough winds......we have quite a few better than the take offs you guys have, by everyone taking off at the same ramp, dam mad house during take offs...........
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by olesilverside View Post
    well first crappie tourn. are not like bass tour........ trailering is much better than making 30 to 40 mile runs on the water...... and there is a length limit set on all mo lakes........ and why not 7 isn't that what the bass tournaments bring in? and trailering is much safer than running on the water in rough winds......we have quite a few better than the take offs you guys have, by everyone taking off at the same ramp, dam mad house during take offs...........
    We crappie fishermen trust each other that's why you can trailer and it helps the little boats fish the tournaments!
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

wonderful explanation made it so simple even I could understand it??

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

OUCH! Looks like my old pappy woke up from his nap too early!
    Team Double D - " We're not famous, but we should be."

Post Thanks / Like

remember back in the day:: at lacygne a spade was a spade or some sort of shovel
    Last edited by springhillwantabe; 08-13-2013 at 11:56 AM. Reason: reread it

Post Thanks / Like

Bass tournaments in mo usually use a five limit one under because of the no culling law we have. So I would think a fourteen fish limit in mtl would have been used
    trailering of boats just is a way of someone being able to cheat.

with a big pay out crappie fisherman are no more honest than anyone

Post Thanks / Like

well I don't see any reason for checking someone's livewell before take off like a lot of bass tour. do, if a guy is going to cheat he sure as hell ain't going to keep them in his livewell........ and why stress out 14 fish when 7 works out fine and all most all the crappie are released after the weigh in...... you could be right on the cheating but we have the masters that pay out $50,000 + and there would be reason enough for someone to cheat, but never heard of any in the crappie circuit, at least not for hanging fish.. seen some disqualified for one to many but that can happen to anyone, it was tour. that you had to bring in 10..... hell I gotta use two feet to get to seven........wouldn't make it if it was 14.......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

My understanding is that one of the lakes that the tourneys hit at one time had a seven fish limit for regulation.
    At that time the three circuits changed their limit to seven so it would be the same everywhere.

G.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast